The Funny Things

Options

Comments

• Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @Blossom1961
    Hmm
     The Melbourne Party could be interesting!
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    FARK!!  At least I use a small bucket with a lid, @Blossom1961!!!!   Then one of us just has to do the 'Loo Doo' the next morning - whether camouflaging it with a towell or just blazing thru the locals .......  how the hell did you NOT miss the SPC Fruit Bottle??   LOL

@Zoffiel0 I have one of those 'toilet seats' but haven't resorted to it just yet!  ;)    

I must admit -  I always HOPE that someone will pop over & offer to cook dinner - but it hasn't happened yet!   :(  
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    @Annie C It will be really interesting if the lot of us go camping that weekend. I will have to buy more peaches as my bottle has been tossed.
  • arpie
    Options
    LOL  I actually 'collected one' today, @Blossom1961 as I know how handy these bottles become for a variety of reasons - fresh or used H20  LOL  !   ;)   I can deliver the spare bottle next time  I am in Vic  :)   

I will be following this thread with interest!!    ;) 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    I have spent one night under canvas. That was enough for me.
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    @arpie Maybe you can practice for your next camping trip lol

• Blossom1961
    Options
    @kmakm You need a girls night out under canvas. You won’t get any sleeping done because we will be talking all night, but who gets sleep anyway? Love Didi
  • arpie
    edited February 2019
    Options
    LOL   @Blossom1961 - my aim is not that good!!!!     Luckily I have a reasonably dry bladder and rarely have to get up during the night ..... unless I've had the odd 'extra' rum & coke!!!    ;) 
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    @arpie My aim is pretty good but I have to be careful not to overflow the bottle 😂
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Blossom1961 Nope! I require a sprung mattress, heating or cooling, and adjacent plumbing. I shall chat to you via walkie talkie!
  • kmakm
    Options
    Was getting a trim today. My hairdresser is lovely and a super cool woman in her thirties. I had a massive hot flush while she was rinsing my hair with hot water. Telling her why, I asked her if it was OK if she rinsed with cold water. No worries, and she kept it running for ages while the flush was at its most intense. Quite funny to be reclining backwards into the basin being cooled by my hairdresser. Not a scenario that had ever crossed my mind!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Your comment reminded me of The Lemonheads "Outdoor Type" @kmakm.  Love that song.  While I do love a fancypants hotel, I love camping and have a big family tent.  Unfortunately, hubby HATES camping with a passion so it's a rare, rare occasion that we go.  I don't think I will ever manage sleeping on the ground again, though.  I look at the camper trailers on Gumtree wistfully - no spare money to justify even a secondhand one.

Before we had kids and settled down, my husband and I went up to Darwin, across and through the Kimberleys, down through the Hammersley Ranges, then down to the bottom of WA and back across the Nullarbor to Adelaide.  We did it in a Pulsar with the back seats taken out, sleeping in a 2 man tent most of the time (hired a little Daihatsu 4WD in the Kimberleys).  Hard to believe this is the same man who won't do camping!
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Options
    Keep it up ladies. Had a good chuckle again this morning reading all your hilarious chatting 😂
    @Blossom1961 Well done! You deserve a medal for peeing in a fruit bottle 👀
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    @kmakm We can organise that. I have plenty of springs we can stick under a camping mattress. I can also bring a Chinese fan and we can camp next to a river for your plumbing requirements. Fixed. So when do we go?