The Funny Things

I thought we should have a thread about things that are so absurd about survivorship they shoot right beyond being depressing and just make us laugh, and of course for the things that are just FUNNY.

It might be something legitimately hilarious, maybe something upsetting that you've started laughing at for one reason or other, an experience related to survivorship that you just think was funny in an awkward or revealing way, whatever your take is.

xo

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Frankentitty!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Mine came a couple of weeks after surgery...  Some of you, like me, might now have a bit of difficulty getting shirts over your head and, of course, post-surgery everything's quite sore.  I had graduated to a looseish T-shirt and was getting undressed and, you guessed it, got it stuck halfway off.  Couldn't pull it down, couldn't get it over my head.  I had to call out for my 16 yo son to help me.  Terribly embarrassing for him.  So far past annoying form me that it was funny.
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Hehe love it @kezmusc 😂
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @kezmusc
    Did you pull up a chair?

• kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    No Annie, only because I don't drink rum.!!
  • Annie C
    @kezmusc

Bugga, you could have "pretended". There might have been some interesting conversations. 

Your experience is why I no longer go camping - bladder and sight that are not what they used to be. Plus getting off the ground is not a pretty sight. Add to those, the ability to wander off in any direction..............

Now if only my hearing was as bad as my sight and bladder and my very challenged directional ability, I might not hear all the screechings, snufflings and slitherings that keep me awake at night! 
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Actually Annie, I am really not a fan of camping at all.   I'd much rather be sitting on a high rise balcony somewhere overlooking the ocean. I have enough critters and dust at home and have camped in the back of the car or a horse trailer way too often. I  do it for the family time because they all love it and I always have a good time once I'm there. 

What I don't like is having to walk a bloody mile busting for the loo in the middle of the night or cold, flooded showers with nowhere to put your clothes.

Plus you know, champagne tastes,beer wages. Beats the heck out of doing nothing right?.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    We once woke up in the tent to the noise of something munching. We hadn’t left any food out but we got up to take a look anyway. A possum had chewed the lid off our pepper jar and was happily munching away. 
  • Annie C
    @kezmusc
    My idea of camping is now a 5 star hotel. 

On an age pension and a little bit of superannuation that's out. Dreams are still there with a 3 star hotel! Just got to cut the cloth to suit the budget a bit!

@Blossom1961
    It's amazing what possums will eat.

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,522
    That is a Classic, @kezmusc - Rum is my poison of choice!   ;)  And I am with you & Annie re camping ..... I prefer a bit of comfort - and our ancient VW Transporter doesn't quite 'cut it' either!! 

@Annie C  - currently the little bastards are eating our Orange and Tangelo trees and newly planted passionfruit vine  .... but they won't touch the lemon trees!   We've caught & relocated one possum ....... but as our neighbours have been feeding them for 30 years & now left the property ..... they are obviously foraging wider   :(  
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    I conceded defeat last week and bought one of those fold up toilet seats after my recent experience of needing to pee at night while camping. Charming. I used to love roughing it, mainly because that meant being able to go places no-one else went. Now the high country is heaving with 4WDs and no where is private any more so its hardly worth it. I'll need a bloody shower tent next. Sigh 
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @Zoffiel I use an empty SPC fruit bottle, the bigger one. Except I missed once, oops.