The Funny Things

Options
124»

Comments

• Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @Blossom1961
    I must get me some of those fishing magazines.

@Harvey1903
    Would have made for some interesting looking carpets.

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
     We had just finished our dinner and had needed to open up a new mayo. Then I started getting a two day early start on my daughters dinner preparation last night. My recipe called for nuttlex so I went to the R/F and after poking around found another large opened jar of mayo. My family thought this was funny as I often buy doubles/triples etc. Oh bother, we have run out of nuttlex. Okay, I will go get some more. With head still in fridge I said, I am going up to get some more mayo. Hubby says I think you mean nuttlex. Family now think I am hilarious. I go out to shop, buy nuttlex, come home and they ask me how many things I bought. They have been playing their normal guessing game. I then start back on my recipe. Sigh, I didn’t need nuttlex after all. NOW they have completely lost it and my daughter gives me a big cuddle and says “I’m going to miss you Mum, you are so funny” She is off to Micronesia for a year.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    OMG!  I am SO glad someone else buys in doubles & triples @Blossom1961 - cos I do too!  Then I come home to find the previous lot of doubles/triples still in the pantry!  The shelves are BULGING!  And I even have a shopping list & keep buying stuff that isn't on it!

I found the milk & butter in the pantry the other day - I am blaming Keith!  ;)   I am POSITIVE it was him ..... I think .... 

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    I just cleaned out my bathroom cupboards. Between me buying things on special, my daughter giving me a heap of wild nature products, my other daughter buying me things on special and the clinic giving me stacks of samples, I now have enough moisturiser, cleanser, aloe oil, and make up to last me the next ten years! Plus heaps of bandages. And pills. Lots of pills. I reckon I could open a pharmacy almost.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Hand cream! Why does everyone give you hand cream? I have enough hand cream to slather my hands for a decade. 
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Me too @Afraser have tons of it & I usually only use hydraderm as I used to have dermatitis on my hands !
    Threw out & have given a lot away recently !
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Scene: my kitchen

Kid: What else are we having for dinner Mum?

Me: I'm just heating up some pyjamas in the microwave now.

I meant potatoes...
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Oh dear...at least everyone would be toasty to sleep.