Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    The deeply unreliable "Predict" tool @vangirl
  • Vangirl
    Vangirl Member Posts: 350
    Options
    Thanks @Zoffiel it is my intention to ask my oncologist about that today. It seems to imply that I'll be lucky to make it to 60 (I'm 42) and if don't take an AI I might as well start making a will and wrapping up my affairs. Another tool suggests it'll give me another 3 years of life (compared to chemo and surgery only) and I will most likely live to 70+ anyway. Go figure!
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Everyone is different and listen to your own body. My doctor said my heart med dose was a prophylactic and doubled my dose rate. I turned in to a zombie and on my own undertaking have reduced the dose back. My body said thank you and my heart says no problems.
    If its any consolation the body feeling like someone hit you with base ball bats when you get up in the morning, it does get a little less each month. I still sometimes have a Panadol breakfast but not as often now. I halved my Tamoxifen dose for 10 days and a lot of the crackly bone aches did go away and some didn't return. It was a nice little holiday for me and at least I didn't completely go off of my hormone treatment. Listen to your body and have patience. Eventually it will be all over and be good again. I am not looking at 10yrs of hormone treatment, it would do my head in. I am aiming for 5 and then we'll see. <3
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @Brenda5 When I asked my onc how long I'd be on Letrozole, he said 5 years and then we'll see what the current advice is and decide whether to continue for 7 or 10.  I suspect part of that could also be he's concerned that the prospect of 10 years would be too overwhelming.
  • Vangirl
    Vangirl Member Posts: 350
    Options
    Update from appointment this morning. Oncologist reckons Predict is accurate insofar as the relative benefit to be gained from Chemotherapy and hormone treatment respectively, however he feels that the projected impact on life expectancy is overstated.

We still need to work out a way for me to be able to take the Letrozole without me concurrently losing my mind while rapidly dissolving in a pool of sweat, but I am being allowed to put off starting up again til after my surgery - which means early November. Plan is to try desvenlafaxine and let that settle in before trying again.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    I hope it works for you @Vangirl.
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Flaneuse Got motivated and made an appointment to see my BS about a new oncologist. We've texted about it but I don't really want to make this important a decision without having a conversation. He's a dear but he does tend to muse outloud a bit. He's given me a list of three! I'm also going to see my breast care nurse afterwards.
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @kmakm Well done - that's progress. xox
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Flaneuse Thanks sweets.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    No energy to howl. A quiet yelp and whimper will have to do.
  • kmakm
    Options
    That's no good @Zoffiel. You're not on at 4am, hope you're asleep and having happy dreams.
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Options
    Been awake since 3:30 good to see I’m consistent   last day of dexa for this cycle was yesterday about another week and I should sort out but by then my sleep cycle is shot
  • kmakm
    Options
    Sorry @Sarnicad. It sucks. K xox
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Options
    Oh and because I’ve shed this week I keep finding masses of hair in my bed so in the proper morning I will need to vacuum my bed cause it is annoying me
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    Hello everyone! Awake at 2.....tried to go back to sleep to no avail. I didn't take my melatonin...so now I pay for it. Wonder if I should take it now and try and sleep again? Will I be tired when I need to get up as it is a time release 10mg variety? Not sure what to do!