Night Howls

Options

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Of course now the alarm has gone off and I can barely get my eyes open...
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @kmakm Sounds like you've had a ghastly night, Kate. I hope the aches lessen today. You southerners are certainly having to put up with some chilly weather at the moment. Cuddling up to the dog at any hour sounds like a good thing. xx
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    For whoever had that choking dream, if it woke you up it may be PTSD and you should see a professional. I had PTSD whereby I would be woken up unable to breathe. My diaphragm would be paralyzed for nearly a minute and I would finally get a breath just before it got bad enough to pass out. My pych doc said PTSD and gave me pills for it but I had bad reactions to the pills. I stayed on them long enough to halt the anxiety of not being able to breath tho and it hasn't come back.
    At least someone got rain. It is very dry here but I am thankful we have plenty of town water. It must be hard for those relying on rain tanks only.
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Thanks @kmakm I'm feeling a bit better this morning although still coughing my head off  :s 
    Not sure how I managed to sleep all night ! Winning !
    your night sounds like hell ,one I experience frequently interspersed with cramps just as I'm dropping off to sleep ! Frustrating ! & substitute the dog for our cat !  
    Take it easy today & get some rest  xx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @Brenda5 That's a really interesting observation.
    @kmakm @tigerbeth @kiwi_angel I hope you all get a better sleep tonight
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    I tried my first melatonin on Friday night - seemed to work ok - still woke up but was able to get back to sleep quickly. 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Melatonin sleep reminds me of some bad trips I had back in the 80s. Not quite the same obviously--that's why I use the word 'reminds'--but weird dreams and difficulty knowing if I'm awake or asleep.

Stilnox, which is a completely different drug, did similar. That was in the days before the drug company admitted some people had unusual reactions, my GP at the time told me I was talking rubbish. Seems not. 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    I always have the weirdest dreams anyway. I remember hearing a couple of cases of people dying while using stillnox from sleepwalking. 
  • kmakm
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @Flaneuse Oh Fran, I am so sore I'm getting teary. This is dreadful! Am I supposed to live like this for 10 years? I'll have to stuff myself with painkillers for a decade. I am not happy about it at all.

:/   :'(
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @kmakm That's dreadful, Kate. No you can't live like that. My oncologist said the joint pain with Letrozole was enough for some people to need to change to another AI. You need to see yours soon, I think. You can't go on like this.  <3
  • kmakm
    Options
    Thank you @Sister.
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Options
    Gosh @kmakm, I just don’t know what to say. Wish I could help you & hug you xxoo
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    15 months into AI, having changed from letrazole to anastrazole (pardon the spelling) I'm still in the same situation. The change made no difference at all and I think it was offered as a patronising gesture, just in case it was all in my head. I like my oncologist, but he is not walking around in my body.
    The guts of it is you take them, and put up with the side effects, or you stop and take your chances with the consequences. That's it. The only options.
    It seriously pisses me off, spending what is likely to be my last active years being crippled by a drug that probably won't work. But it might. 20% chance that it might. 80% chance that it won't. 100% chance of feeling like shit now I know how it affects me. The drug companies say most people tolerate it well. Wish I was most people.
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Options
    Well I did the every two hour wake up thanks to my favourite drug dexa. I’d left my device downstairs and it was too cold to go fetch it so you were all saved from the two hourly whinging I would have regaled you all with
  • kmakm
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Thanks @JenniA. I've gone to bed.

@Flaneuse I'm between oncologists at the moment... And very fatigued. I've just got to keep slogging on through until at least the six month mark. Just sucks big time. I'm finding it very difficult to reconcile myself to this compromised life at only 52. This time last year I had a strong diesel engine and energy...

I have to work on pacing myself differently now.