Night Howls

Options

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    It turned out to be another road - someone rang it in with the wrong details - so I don't know the outcome except that whoever hit it, is not going to be driving their car for awhile.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Enjoy your refreshed day @Kiwi Angel!
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    Cows....  @Sister did you know they are the animal that kills the most people in Australia? Just the way you've described I suppose, via road accidents in regional areas. Most of the top of the country is unfenced due to vast distances of course. So for all of or deadly creatures, the cow is top of the pile!
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options

Unfortunately for the cow and the farmer, if it was unattended on the road in an area that was not identified with a 'stock on the road' sign the driver will be able to sue. There may be situations where the driver can be shown to be reckless of negligent but for the most part you are responsible for keeping your stock behind secure fencing.

There's an old saying around here "If someone finds a stray beast, everyone wants to claim it, if someone hits a stray beast, no-one want so own it."

• Sister
    Options
    The property we thought it might have been lost there fence a couple of days ago when a truck ploughed through it!  I do get tired of seeing the numerous dead roos on the sides of the road, though.  Given that most of it is surrounded by natural reserve on either side, there's no way it should be 80km ( and many acceed that by a lot) - I've made complaints but I've only been able to see a number plate well enough to report a particular vehicle on one occasion.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @kmakm done so much already - cleaned the house and done some prep for dinner. Just waiting for hubbys car to finish being serviced and might treat myself to brunch  :) 

@arpie I still woke up here and there but it was much more vague and my alarm actually woke me out of a dead sleep this morning. 
  • Sister
    Options
    Enjoy your day @Kiwi Angel
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @Sister thanks xo
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    @Eli86..how are you? I have been thinking of you everyday. One week today for you.
  • Sister
    Options
    How are the Howlers shirts going?
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @kezmusc awesome!!
  • kmakm
    Options
    Bedazzled to the MAX! Eyecatching @kezmusc.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    You OK kmakm

• kmakm
    Options
    Re the t-shirts, I'll visit the printers this week. I think all the money has come in now (I'll check when I'm vertical) so we should be good to go!