Night Howls

Options

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Zoffiel I would like to sit down with one of them and hear what they define as "tolerates well". Seriously. I'd like to know where on the spectrum my experience of Letrozole sits.

80 days down, 3573 days to go.
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @kmakm My heart breaks for you.  It's so cruel that, at your age, you should be suffering in this way, after all you've been through and after everything you've given to others. "Difficult" is not a good enough word for that reconciliation. It must be excruciating for you. But for the time being, a change of pace, yes.

Why are you changing oncologists? 

xox
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Flaneuse My previous one has left private practice. I've gone back to my BS and he's recommended some others. I just need to have a chat with him first and then I'll get on with establishing a new working relationship with him/her. It's on my to do list this week.
  • DearB
    DearB Member Posts: 205
    Options
    Karma. Wide awake because on Friday I decided I wAs having my own long weekend ... :/:/
  • kmakm
    Options
    @DearB Gargh!
  • Kattykit
    Kattykit Member Posts: 252
    Options
    My grandson has decided that this is a good time to be awake playing with his toys.
  • Kattykit
    Options
    this is what we do at 2 in the morning around here. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @kmakm I hope it starts to get better for you soon.  That's just miserable.

@kattykit At least you've got company!

After keeping at arms length from 2 of my kids over the last 3 weeks due to really bad colds (each had a week off school at different times) and thinking I got away with it, I've succumbed.  I'm just hoping that it doesn't get too bad or go to my chest and affect the radiation treatment.

• Kattykit
    Options
    Let's hope not, I too caught a bug somewhere a few weeks back ended up with pneumonia, not fun. Try to rest up the best you can and keep up your fluids.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Who else just loves going to work on 4 hours sleep.  Yay for another Monday....Grrrr
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @kezmusc I had that last Tuesday and felt like I was going to die. Realised I was also fighting a 24 hour bug too - thought I was going to die!
  • kmakm
    Options
    Ah bugger @Sister. I had not a skerrick of a germ or virus for over twelve months and a few weeks ago I finally caught one. A nasty cold that whipped through four of us in the house. Hard to believe when you think about how many medical waiting rooms & hospitals I've been in! And two months twice a week in a gym. I hope you get better soon. K xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I've managed to avoid bugs up until now.  My son has just gotten up and has a sore throat and he rarely gets sick.  Whatever it is that's going through the house must be pretty nasty.
  • Vangirl
    Vangirl Member Posts: 350
    Options

Zoffiel said:

15 months into AI, having changed from letrazole to anastrazole (pardon the spelling) I'm still in the same situation. The change made no difference at all and I think it was offered as a patronising gesture, just in case it was all in my head. I like my oncologist, but he is not walking around in my body.
    The guts of it is you take them, and put up with the side effects, or you stop and take your chances with the consequences. That's it. The only options.
    It seriously pisses me off, spending what is likely to be my last active years being crippled by a drug that probably won't work. But it might. 20% chance that it might. 80% chance that it won't. 100% chance of feeling like shit now I know how it affects me. The drug companies say most people tolerate it well. Wish I was most people.

@Zoffiel where did your 80/20 numbers come from? I wish I was one of the most too :(
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @Sister That's rotten luck. I sometimes think people in my "circle" must be getting so bored with me and my paranoia about staying away from people. Even my son and daughter-in-law have finally got it; they realise they're both so sick with bad colds (caught from the kids) that are just hanging on for weeks, that they are staying away. It's comforting to know that radiation is going to be a shorter marathon than chemo was. 
    I was relieved in my radiation planning session last Friday to learn that if you cough, the machine just stops automatically. But it would be very unpleasant.