Night Howls

Options

Comments

• Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @kmakm
    You have all my sympathy for your burnt hand. No lectures from me. I am candidate number 1 for doing too much. Never learnt and probably never will.
    At least you had a bowl of cold water. Our water comes out the ground hot. Standard first aid for a burn - cold water. Not in the Kimberley - you end up with third degree burns.

Take care Kate. I want that curry lunch and a good wongi in Delhi Street,  Melbourne in a few weeks. 
    Annie
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
     @kmakm oh Kate you poor thing that's horrible !
    Did you get any sleep ? 
    Please try & rest today despite the celebration , you can direct the production from the sidelines !! 
    Hope its quickly pain free & on the mend 
    xxx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Flaneuse We're in the wars!
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel No, cake and raspberry coulis were done earlier. This was done two thirds of the way through the Boeuf Bourguignon.

The Targin has made me nauseous so I've thrown down a leftover from chemo Pramin. Waste not want not!
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Annie C It'll take a Mack Truck to stop me darl. Though knowing my luck that is effing tempting fate...
  • kmakm
    Options
    Thanks @tigerbeth. No, very little sleep unfortunately. The troops will all be marshalled to assist today I can assure you!
  • Bbbcm
    Bbbcm Member Posts: 53
    Options
    I am finding sleep difficult. when I do sleep I am having nightmares and dreams that leave me drained and upset when I wake. I am finding I go to bed tired but then read or listen to the radio to stay awake. bed is no longer my safe place and that in itself is scary and sad.
  • Annie C
    Options
    @kmakm
    It will take the combined forces of the cosmic foes to defeat you and me. They wouldn't dare! We have come this far, girl. Let them try.

When I think back to this date last year, in the depths of despair, recovering from surgery 2 days prior (on my own and far from home) and wondering what the future will bring, I am amazed that I am where I am. This bastard of a disease can go to buggery with my size 10 RM William boots behind it! 

And you wait till you see the online name badge I am making for the conference and Field of Women. 

Annie

• Annie C
    Options
    @Bbbcm
    Oh yes, bed is supposed to be our refuge. Unfortunately for a lot of us it doesn't happen that way. I love this Night Howls section. Just knowing that someone else is the same, feeling the same and thinking the same is affirming and reassuring. Those who have never experience BC "just don't get it".
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Yes, we will all need some way of identifying each other @anniec Something a little more stylish than texta on masking tape would be nice. If that can't be arranged maybe marshal in a designated corner of the room half an hour before the talk fest starts and start howling. That should do it. Mxx
  • Annie C
    Options
    @Zoffiel
    I will join you in the corner with my name badge and howling. We WILL be noticed! 
    Can you imagine all we over achievers, creative and determined women. What can we not do?! 
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Omg @kmakm what on earth happened ? You poor thing xo
  • kmakm
    Options
    Burnt my palm @Romla, on an oven glove that was on fire, which I didn't know when I picked it up... Spent the night in hospital.
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Are you ok ? You can buy 100 % pure aloe Vera spray which I keep in the kitchen is great stuff. How on earth did you put on a glove that was on fire much less how does a oven glove catch fire ? Omg do be careful pls. xo
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Bbbcm I'm in the same boat with sleep, it's become a battlefield and I dread going to bed now. I saw my GP this week to work out a battle plan. You can't do anything properly if you aren't sleeping properly. Don't wait to get it sorted. Hang in there. K xox