Night Howls

Options

Comments

• JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    After all of your excitement Kate, have you tried melatonin yet?
  • InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499
    Options
    @JJ70 HAHA! Roger that, my head is spinning.

@kmakm :cry: In treatment I had sensation drop in and out of my extremes, my hands, feet and nose would go numb - sometimes without me realizing. One night I was cooking dinner and didn't notice that at some point I had cut myself across the inside of a couple of my fingers until the blood had dripped into view. It's so scary to me that you'd been on fire and not realised it until so much damage was done, bodies can be so frightening!!

@Bbbcm There's this anxious sinking feeling I still get going to sleep. I'm a year and a half out of treatment now and I feel it's one of those hugely underestimated things - the little deposits of fear for things in daily life that it all creates and leaves behind. Every night it's the same thought I actively have to push out of my head. 'What if this time I don't wake up'. And I'll just by lying there chronically aware of my heartbeat and shallow breath wondering if maybe this time I really should go to the hospital. It's all in my head, and being conscious of that doesn't seem to matter much to my emergency wiring. I don't have any solutions, just writing to say I hope you get some rest, and that really sucks, and I feel you.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @Annie C Did you have a good day, yesterday?
  • Sister
    Options
    Congratulations @Annie C
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 945
    Options
    How lovely to have your craft appreciated in this way. Well done you...
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @Thankyou @Sister and @AllyJay.
    I do not enter to win as I lack the competetive gene! I like to take part. However we all do like to be appreciated. And like a lot of crafters I always think my work is not "good" enough.

Thankyou and take care.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Happy to report that I can still walk...!

Hand is doing much better than expected which is a great relief.

@Annie C Congrats on your gorgeous craft. I love that your friend snapped up your quilt quick as a flash! What's the current project?

@InkPetal That's frightful! Cutting yourself like that and not noticing. I think I was just concentrating hard on the cooking.

@JJ70 The melatonin experiment starts tonight! I'll let you know how it goes.
  • Annie C
    Options
    @kmakm
    The next project, at this stage being planned, is a birds and floral quilt. Will take longer than it takes to make a baby!!!

Have one on the go. About half way. My problem is that I am side tracked by another idea and then another idea and then another idea! I used to say before BC that I needed 36 hours in a day. Now I need 36 hours just to do what I used to be able to manage in 12 hours.

See you in 12 days! I think it will be great fun and the best time.

Annie
  • Sister
    Options
    I think the biggest compliment on your work @Annie C is that someone thinks highly enough to want to buy it.  Are you going to be focussing on the beautiful birds in your area?
  • Annie C
    Options
    @Sister
    The birds that will be featured in the quilt will be Kimberley birds. My Simpson and Day Bird Book will be referenced frequently for colours.

First I have to decide which birds, scan each bird picture as a jpeg and then digitise each bird into a set of embroidery stitches. Usually takes me a week to digitise and edit a design. Flowers were digitised a few years ago. I used to buy designs from the internet, now I prefer to do my own. Satisfies my creative streak and all things computers        ( when they work, that is!)
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    @Annie C thank you for sharing your photos. Beautiful creations! I am such a klutz with a sewing machine, in fact my home ec teacher at high school suggested I wag the sewing classes because she was sick of untangling my machine every week.  :open_mouth:
    I made up for it in the cooking part  ;)
  • Annie C
    Options
    @JJ70
    As a corrollary my home ec teacher suggested that a stove, a pot and I may not be good friends. That was more years ago than I care to remember.

Now I love baking, cooking and preserving. I make all my own jams, bottle fruit and chutneys and relishes. I prefer to bottle fruit (even when I have to buy fruit- not mangoes though) and chutney and relishes as I can control the amount of sugar and salt that goes into them.

• tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    @Annie C your work is wonderful , so lovely that you get to share it with people .Congratulations !

@kmakm glad your up & about but hope you took it easy today . 

Worked to today !Yuck ! must be time to retire ! Waiting for them to give me a package ! Wishful thinking ! 
    Came home with my back in spasms ! Seriously cant handle being a senior !!