Options

Comments

• InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499
    Options
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Since chemo, I now snore like a train.  I have no idea why.  Can't find much info regarding chemo and snoring.  I also now clench my jaw so badly I wake up with sore jaw sometimes, Combine that with the hot doonah dance which appears to have made a return and hubby (terrible sleeper)  just bails out.and sleeps on the couch.  Romantic huh?
  • Annski
    Annski Member Posts: 112
    Options
    @InkPetal - really they both are great, the one above would be excellent. I like the greyscale version as well. Should we have two options for the T-shirts, one with pink and one without? Although the pink on black background looks great, some of us aren't crazy about pink full stop. I was just starting to think about some other options eg canvas carry bags with the logo. 
    I went to your Instagram site, the line-work is beyond outstanding. A colouring book would be something. You are so talented!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Just followed you on IG @InkPetal. Love your work! You're very talented and I'm impressed by how much you are giving to the cancer cause. Awesome stuff sista!

As for accepting compliments, I teach my kids to smile, say thank you and then move the conversation along. It's always awkward but unless people are trying to suck up to you (and they're usually pretty easy to spot) compliments come from a very genuine place. There's not enough genuine niceness in this world!

My husband is a snorer. He never used to be but over the last few years it's got worse and worse. I recorded him one night so he'd believe me and he was quite shocked. I am a light sleeper, always have been, and so throw BC into the mix and Houston, we have a problem.

He did go to a sleep clinic where they diagnosed him with mild sleep apnoea. I hate the congested barking snort sound when he's recovering from a long pause in breathing. Some nights when I wake up and I can't hear him breathing I reach out to touch him to make sure he's still warm. He's borderline for the cpap machine and really doesn't fancy it. So he's going to try a nose operation to see if that helps. I've been waiting for this for about four years now. We've been a bit busy...

So he often sleeps on a pull out bed in another room. A bit of Ikea kit. Is that an option for you? Obviously the best option would be for you guys to move but I presume you've considered that and that it's not practical at the moment.

Sleep is the absolute foundation stone for the quality of our lives. Does your boyfriend truly understand how badly you're affected? Sleep deprivation is used to torture people for goodness sake! And is your GP aware of how badly you're struggling with this? I'm so tormented by my own sleep issues I'm very worried about you! K xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    That pause for breath can be quite worrying when you're the one listening @ kmakm.  My husband was convinced about the CPAP when he read about the link to heart problems and, of course, he'd often wake up tired.  He's been using one for years now and won't go without it.
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Annski @Sister @kezmusc @Zoffiel @AllyJay @tigerbeth @SoldierCrab @JJ70 @Kiwi Angel @Annie C

I did a little research yesterday on the t-shirt printing. There are places with no minimum order so I can't see any issue with having both the greyscale and the pink version available. I'm not a mega pink fan either (as in the pinkwash of BC) and the greyscale version would be good if any of the forum men want to join in the nocturnal nattering nonsense!

@InkPetal I like the less furry version. Strikes me as slightly more dingo like and as a graphic image it's cleaner.

I'm concerned about the quality and feel of the cotton so I will actually go to some of these joints to check out the texture and their finished product. I'll also do a test run of both versions so I can post pix for you all to see.

I think we all agree that @InkPetal gets her t-shirt for free yes?!

So how are we feeling about the design? And do we want to put anything on the back? Right now I'd like to simply put 

onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au

on the back if that's OK with them. @Marianne_BCNA?

I'll find out the prices and then we can chat about adding a bit to donate to the BCNA if people are amenable. PM me about anything if you prefer. K xox
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    @InkPetal sensational stuff! Love it - both pink and greyscale. Thank you so much for the time and effort taken. 
    @kmakm I like the simplicity of the address on the back. Can't help thinking that there is something missing that is needed though. Probably just my chemo brain.....might just look back at all the original suggestions, think there was something posted there that got my attention....
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    @kmakm Hi ya Kate - you wrote: How about a black t-shirt, longish so you could sleep in it if you wanted, a dingo (we're Aussies) howling at a full moon that has the pink ribbon on it...... And on the back something like 

The Night Howls/Night Howlers

Don't let breast cancer keep you up at night. Feel yourself on the first.

Or

I in 8 women and some men too. Suspicious lump? Get it checked. Don't let breast cancer keep you up at night.

My idea of wearing the shirt is PURPOSE: 1) To belong to this group and feel a comradery and support across this nation. 2) Wear it bed - comfy option 3) Wear it out and about, proud as punch, giving others info about BC and where to get support.

Do love the moon too.......arroooowww!!!! (that's a howl by the way :# )
  • j9k
    j9k Member Posts: 98
    Options
    Hi all, been following this discussion with interest as sleep issues plague me too. @kmakm I was wondering if underneath the bcna address if there was a phrase like a couple you write earlier which I can't recall now) that summed up what the thread is for - for people who can't sleep - like "the nightime lifeline" , or " if you're awake were here" . Your phrases were better but along those lines. It's great that this thread has continued and the energy and enthusiasm from everyone to bring nighthowlers to life has been inspirational. @InkPetal, your design is beautiful and I have joined your Instagram page. You are incredibly talented. (as per @kmakm instructions, just say thank you.  :)) love the dingo. Love your work ladies.  :) xx
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Options
    Ladies, ladies, you have just made my day,/night now I know where to come when the need arises!!!
  • kmakm
    Options
    I'm wary of too much text as the message will get lost. It needs to be shory and sharp to cut through, hence 'feel yourself on the first'

Suggestions please! How about:

Check out those lumps

Don't let breast cancer keep you up at night

Or:

A mammogram saved my life

Don't let breast cancer keep you up at night

I reckon we could have two. One for those that found a lump, which would work for the chaps,and one for those like me who found their cancer via a mammogram.

Whaddya reckon?
  • kmakm
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @kezmusc HilARious!
  • Sister
    Options
    All sounds good.

I like the less furry too as it seems more dingo-like.

While I'm not a fan of pink, it is the BC colour of choice but I think the hotter, the better (thinking fluoro like). A good option to have a grey version, too.

As mentioned, if it's not a problem with print runs, I think it would be good to have a couple of styles - shorter and sleeker for those that want it, and longer for those that don't (classic T so suits the blokes?)

As for message, I think good to have the link address but perhaps something very simple ( no more than a few words) as well.  There's been some great suggestions - should be kept very simple - at a glance stuff!  Whatever, I think it needs to be something that supporters would be comfortable wearing.

Absolutely, @inkpetal should get hers free (and probably @kmakm, too)

Not sure if there's anything I've forgotten - except to say thank you to @kmakm for bringing this to life and to @inkpetal for donating her artistic skills to the project.

Do BCNA need to see a final if it advertises the link @giovanna_bcna?
  • Sister
    Options
    Ha! Took me so long to post my last one that more responses came back while I was doing it!

I do like  something along the lines of:
    Breast Cancer
    Don't let it keep you up at night
    1 in 8 women, and some men, too

online network.bcna.org.au

Or possibly that's too many words...