Where did my gratitude go? I swear I left it right here somewhere...

Options

Comments

• Summer Prevails
    Summer Prevails Member Posts: 82
    Options
    Hi everyone
    i am so sorry for not responding for ages. I’ve been in various states of bad. I have managed to fall over and injure my back, some kind of facet joint/muscle injury that is mysterious but hurts so much I’ve been on tons of painkillers. And hence - the Fog increased. 

Im still depressed and really really exhausted. I think I’m slowly working out what exactly has caused it. It’s not just breast cancer. It’s me. I’m screwed up! It goes deeper than just having had a serious illness. Still haven’t seen any psych people. Saw my GP but I lied about my true mental health state for some dumb reason?

anyway I hope to check in later and keep talking things out if you’ll allow me to mumble through some of it. 

Hugs
    x o x o 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Mumbling, venting, whinging, screaming and drinking the Christmas brandy all definitely allowed here!
  • Sister
    Options
    Oops - posted too quickly @Summer Prevails Glad to hear from you again but sorry to hear about your injury  - back pain is agony.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Summer_Prevails - definitely feel free to whinge, rant and cry here - we  all do at some stage and we need each other more than ever when we are feeling down.  I have my first shrink appointment next month so it will be interesting to see if I find it beneficial.  Big hugs xoxox
  • DearB
    DearB Member Posts: 205
    Options
    oh my gosh!! so glad i came back to this group, this was me!!!!  just feeling absolute non joy.....i tried a mental health nurse (Who was lovely) but didn't really fix me, and then i was at the point where i thought okay i need to see the dr and get onto some anti depressants......(as much as i also didn't want to do that)

Then we went on a holiday, 2 weeks in vietnam, one week literally lying by the pool in hoi an, we met a great couple that had gone through the same last year, (Though she had chemo as well) and just the chance to chat and know that they got it...I came back and started really enjoying work again, and cut myself more slack,  who cares if i don't have a spotless house, not me, we have a cleaner but we only get her for 2 hours a week so my house isn't shiny if you know what i mean, but our floors and girls bathroom is  done weekly.  The last few weeks I  have been pysching myself up to rejoin a fitness program.... We stopped again while on holidays and i literally do no exercise.

The endo dr for graves tested me for celiac, but that came back clear.  So i saw a dietician re my icky feeling and have given up normal milk so  i only have lactose free now, and i am taking a probiotic  not sure which worked but finally after almost a whole year of feeling icky every single morning, now i only have occasional days.  imagine how much better that feels.  Also saw a physio as i was getting a sore back (From being so lazy)  omg that killed but he gave me some stretches to do and that has helped heaps too.  Had a pap smear finally that i had put off for years and got the all clear on that.  

My only main concern now is i literally can't see a future future anymore, like i am sure i used to make plans like lets move to the beach when we are old.  and even in joyful moments, i have a vague feeling of dread, like something bads going to happen.  I have signed up for something through cancer council about exercise as well.  I have done the first survey part and there is a longer call this week.  (Husband was kinda bugging me to do something but i needed it to be my choice,  yes i can be slightly pig headed.)

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @DearB I can't see a future future either. Explained this to the psych this morning. So many bad and stressful things have happened to my family that I just can't see the point of looking forward with hope and optimism. So at the moment I'm trying operating on a rolling six month horizon, putting things in my diary that I can look forward to in the short to medium term. With any luck that horizon will lengthen. I've always been a long term planner so this is a big change for me and I find it discombobulating (which has to be one of the best words ever!). K xox
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @kmakm I guess until now we were usually combobulated. Fran x
  • Sister
    Options
    I refuse to admit to any combobulation - I was framed!
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    Discombobulated - definitely an outcome of BC (and most definitely an awesome word), because to be discombobulated is more than confusion, it is confusion wrapped up in a thick layer of frustration and that is disconcerting. To be disconcert about the future - upheaved and unsettled, to me that is EXACTLY it! Life's trajectory has changed and adjusting takes time. Be gentle on your souls @DearB and @kmakm. xox
  • Riki_BCNA
    Riki_BCNA Staff Posts: 323
    Options
    Hello @Summer Prevails it sounds like things have been very tough lately. Please don't hesitate to ring the BCNA Helpline 1800 500 258 for support also
  • kmakm
    Options
    Thank you @Flaneuse & @JJ70. Fran I am awe of your stamina. K xox
  • kmakm
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @Sister It was her wot dunnit constable!