Where did my gratitude go? I swear I left it right here somewhere...

Options

Comments

• onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Hi there @Summer Prevails so glad you spoke to @Giovanna_BCNA that’s such a relief. When I logged on last night that page was missing from my screen for some reason so I didn’t see it. I’m so not tech savvy lol. 

@kmakm @Summer Prevails@beccabecca    @Annie C @dak2  @Sister

e@Ellamary98   Is right in her post. It’s hard to remember sometimes who you used to be but that has definitely returned for me.  There is hope lovelies. Try something new if you can. Teenie steps every day is what matters s@"Summer Prevails" im so happy you got out for a walk it takes all the strength from your soul to get out from under the doona and do exactly the opposite of what your head is telling you to do.  @kmakm got in the kitchen yesterday. I sent her a brownie recipe which she made. Probably only because I nagged the shit out of her about making them lol. Then she made chai biscuits and She needed a rest when she was finished but she was happy she’d done something active for the day.  I was so proud of her.

All of you please just keep paddling through the shit creek that is bc. It’s tough believe me I know but remember we all have an oar and we are all paddling together. I know that’s so fucking cliche but it’s true. I think it should be a dragon Boat so we can all fit and I can stand at the back and encourage you all to keep paddling as I’ve come out the other side...... and I’m a bit It fuckin lazy lol. If any of you ever want to chat please just PM me and I’d be more than happy to. Biggest hug. Margie xxx 

• Ellamary98
    Ellamary98 Member Posts: 157
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @Zoffiel.I really hope that your interview goes well!! Good on you for having a crack at it when life is feeling pretty shit. I completely relate to your inability to follow through on projects and make decisions. I remember too, the constant purchases and attempts to motivate myself with hobby projects, plenty of which I never even begun. I guess at some point it worked, because I did get my mojo back. In regards to the meds, I had awful side effects for a couple of years, and battled with the same question, but then they eventually settled down. Don't give up on them too quickly. You could very well be back living on your feet for many decades! Best of luck for today.
    @Summer Prevails - walking is the best mind medicine. I hope that you can ignore other people's expectations for the time being. The healing process is long and tough, but you will get there and you'll be pounding that track again.
    Sending you love and strength. J x
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Zoffiel Crossing everything in a massive contortion for you today Marg. K xox
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @Zoffiel I can relate to your building issue. I have a half done quilt (needs to be completed by end of September as a gift). It's all there - blocks completed. All it needs is to be put together and quilted. I just stand in my sewing room and stare at it laid out on the table!  Never was like this. My very best wishes for your job interview.

@kmakm were the brownies as good as @onemargie said? I have a yummy chocolate slice that when I crave chocolate (often!) I bake. My patience runs thin while waiting for it to cool.

@Ellamary98 I turned down AI's that I regarded as not in my best interests. However not a day goes by where I do not question my decision. These BC decisions are hard stuff.  

@onemargie you and I in a dragon boat!!? We both would be fighting for the back bit. A few weeks ago when I presented at our local hospital with another (!) breathing episode (or lack of breathing) the attending fly in fly out doctor wanted to admit me for a rest. I said no and stuck to "no". The attending nurse, a friend of 20 years, commented to the doctor " I've known Ann for many years, you don't argue with her". What a reputation!

Warm thoughts to all, this BC stuff is certainly 1 foot after another and then 2
    Annie
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Bags be in the front of the boat! I'll sit up there like a big grey gargoyle and snarl at the opposition.
  • Annie C
    Options
    Don't know what happened to the last sentence. Bloody fat fingers and technology! Should have read -

This BC stuff is certainly 1 foot after another and the 2 in another direction.
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    @Zoffiel best wishes for today ! I'm not going to contort myself like @kmakm as I suffer badly from cramps !!!
    You've got this !! 
     :D 
  • kmakm
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @Annie C They're delicious. I did as Margie suggested and zapped one in the microwave for 10 seconds before eating it. Scrumptious.

Every day starts with plans in my mind to do x, y and z. Almost always I go to bed with these plans still in my head. Motivation to the point of action is very difficult at the moment. Thank you @onemargie for the cattle prod yesterday. K  :*
  • Annie C
    Options
    @onemargie
    I would love the recipe for the brownies. Every Thursday morning 4 of us go out for coffee. We solve all the world's problems but none of our own. My chocolate fix for  our Thursday coffee outing is a cappuchino and a brownie. Sometimes the quality of the brownie varies!

Any chance of you posting your brownie recipe? 

@kmakm Oh God I have plans for every day. If I get half a plan done I get excited. I have achieved something. I was never like this  This bloody BC stuff certainly killed my motivation.

I never thought that I would feel so old at 66! Sometimes I catch myself thinking old!!!
  • kmakm
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @Annie C Shocking isn't it?
  • Annie C
    Options
    @kmakm Too damn right. I keep telling myself that my fogged out lonely little brain cell will improve. Sometimes I wonder! I take notice of all the "oldies" around town and damn it they seem to do more than me! Maybe I will learn something at the Plan B conference in Melbourne and gain heart from meeting others with the same affliction. Well that's the plan (ha ha). First I have to navigate Perth airport. (Broome is easy). Hopefully I will get on the right plane or some lovely young hunk will take pity on me!!!
    Take care Ann
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Annie C Meet you there Ann!
  • Annie C
    Options
    @kmakm At this stage of the planning (ha ha) I am flying into Melbourne from Perth on Thursday 09 August. Must do something about airfares! Definitely see you there. So important to me to do this on my own. My husband has smothered me (not nice for someone who has always done her own thing) and I have lost a lot of my confidence. I am rapidly finding out that's what BC does to women  
  • kmakm
    Options
    It's a shocker isn't it @Annie C? I travelled the world on my own for three and a half years and now I have to steel myself to leave the house on my own. I'm not exaggerating. I just want to curl up on the couch most of the time. I can just about do the local shops but getting to the supermarket at the shopping mall seems beyond me. I have practically lived there in the past. BC has made me closer to my husband but now I just want him here all the time and miss him fearfully when he's not. He's necome my protector and safety blanket in a way he wasn't before. He left the house at 7am today and won't be back until 9 or 10pm on Friday night. I'll just have to get used to it again. He'll be away Mon - Fri for all of September. Now that's going to be hard.  :/
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    edited July 2018
    Options

@zoffiel - good luck