Where did my gratitude go? I swear I left it right here somewhere...

Options

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options

Ah, to paraphrase another person too punch-drunk to understand the concept of grammar "I luv youse all"

I know there is a school of thought that thinks acknowledging your own, or other people's, misery is bad for you. That's the same school of thought that used to refuse to discuss postpartum depression in case someone talked themselves into it.

The term 'like PTSD' also fascinates me. Just how much more fucking stressful do things need to get? That is in no way discounting the experiences of service or emergency personnel; this is not a competition, but lying on a trolley instructing someone to lop your tits off is a little bit challenging. Going to extremes to protect yourself via poisoning and irradiation  in an environment where sometimes the stats for faith healing and conventional medicine are a comparable (in the low single figures) is not exactly restful. Being off work for months or years does not mean you are on holidays.

No wonder some of us have a wee bit of a struggle with the whole shit fight.

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Shit, isn't it!  And I've got to say no to a brownie @onemargie Chemo has made chocolate tastes disgusting!
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    @sister I know I couldnt eat them during trestment either. I’m fact most things tasted like shit with the exception of beef chow mein. For some reason I could eat bucket loads of the stuff. Not so much the week of chemo but definitely the second week I washed it down with that mt franklin flavoured sparkling water.@zoffiel that’s exactly what it is a bloody shit fight.  You need to put the gloves on and fight like hell. Big hug. Margie xx 
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @Summer Prevails sending you a private message
  • Summer Prevails
    Summer Prevails Member Posts: 82
    Options
    I can’t write properly cos I’m crying too much

thankyou for the kind words you all have sent me - just want to let you know I am still here 

im fighting very hard to stop the evil shit in my head, all day I’ve had nonstop images of suicide and I am so sorry to dump this out there and worry people but it’s just the truth. Nothing feels real. I don’t know what to say. 
  • Sister
    Options
    Oh, Summer P, you need to see someone one on one - counsellor, GP, whoever.  Photograph it out.  This shit is NOT forever and you will find YOU again.
  • Sister
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I've pm'd you @Summer Prevails
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    I’ve PM’d you too @Summer Prevails. Margie xx 
  • Josephine66
    Josephine66 Member Posts: 79
    Options
    Good morning @Summer Prevails if I could be there to hold your hand and wipe away your tears I'd be there in a flash. Hoping you have someone close by you can lean on xxox 
  • Renatha
    Renatha Member Posts: 27
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I bought this sun-catcher when I felt the first spark of hope (recent events have tested that sorely, but I do love looking at her and being reminded, there is hope, especially reading of others' recovery on BCNA.) Pre-Raphaelite artist "Edward Burne-Jones - 'Spes' (Hope), Christ Church, Oxford. Detail from the Burne-Jones window in Christ Church Cathedral, Oxford depicting 'Hope'. Hand painted glass panel, approximately 12.5" long." Sending warmest wishes and hugs xoxo

• wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Options
    To all of the above ladies and their posts, you have written it as it is, I can add nothing more,
    thank you,by reading all of this, I AM so grateful to be a part of this community, you are truly awe inspiring, down to earth tell it like it is,
    wendy55
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hi @Summer Prevails sending you private message

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Summer Prevails just remember we are all here for you any time of day or night - with all our aches, pains and flushes there is generally someone there even in the middle of the night.  Sending you lots of positive thoughts and huge hugs xoxo
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Ellamary98 You've written very well a lot of what I'm feeling. I feel incredibly disappointed with my life now. Pointless, hopeless and compromised. I ache, have lost my appetite, can't sleep and have increasing nausea. Everyone who's been here says it gets better. I have to trust that it will because this is no way to live, that's for sure.