Not diagnosed but awaiting

Options

Comments

• Twiggy34B
    Twiggy34B Member Posts: 37
    Options
    @kmakm i should have asked but felt it was inconvenient for them. It seemed they didnt have any female nurse on floor or they were busy.  I am a bit sore and do have a thick ice pack they gave me. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    It's difficult to be insistent at these vulnerable times eh? Take it easy today. K xox
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Glad that's over for you @Twiggy34B , ice pack helped for me , hurt like **** !!
  • Twiggy34B
    Options
    @tigerbeth i found iceblock/pack extremely to cold as weather was cold and miserable that the boob itself was sure going to freeze and fall off. Still bit sore n tender but not as bad as it was earlier. As long as none of my kids go anywhere near it i be right. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,576
    Options
    @Twiggy34B
    I am SO Glad you've had it done & that it was not too traumatic for you, even tho you would have preferred a female to be present .... I only had the male radiographer in the room & the male Dr doing the actual 'stabbing' ......but they ARE professional (we hope!) - so assume they are now as used to seeing women's boobs as they are  men's balls, given the prevalence of both cancers just now!  I was surprised at how much mine hurt for quite a while after the procedure tho!

Trust me - after a little while - you won't think twice before 'flashing them' to anyone ....  (particularly once you've flaunted to total strangers every day for 4 weeks of radiation!)   Matter of fact, having had a relatively 'easy' time of it - am quite happy to 'show my boob' to my female friends - just to demystify it & show them that you CAN have a good outcome if caught small enough, early enough, have good surgery with clear margins & no node involvement followed up by radiation & tablets!  

All the best with your results - try not to sweat on it - just get out & do what you normally do - i.e., keep busy.  ;) 
  • Twiggy34B
    Options
    Still waiting
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Twiggy34B I don't think that's unusual, it's only been three working days. Did they tell you how long it would take?
  • Twiggy34B
    Options
    @kmakm I didnt think it was unusual. Just sick of waiting at this point in time and a little anxious. The doctor said anywhere from few days to a week so im giving it until Thursday. Im just anxious because i kind of had a little let down about my brain disease sincr then  so could do with some good news for a change. 
  • kmakm
    Options
    Oh gosh I'm not surprised you're anxious, I think pretty much everyone is at this point, and you've had extenuating circumstances you poor thing. Are you able to distract yourself to ease the anxiety? Or go for a walk, hang out with friends? Whatever works for you when you feel worried. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Hang in there. K xox
  • Twiggy34B
    Options
    @kmakm my distraction lately up until yesterday had been with my 4 sons. My youngest is almost 3  year old, 5.5 year old, 8.5 year old and 9.5 year old, they usually keep me at my toes and keeo me very busy with no problems. Ive been very tired/fatigue on and off its hard to ignore which doesnt help my anxious feeling. Soon as i know result i will be ok. I waited 3 months to long is all. 
  • kmakm
    Options
    I feel you sister. That is waay too long to wait, to be uncertain. Four kids that age doesn't give you much time to yourself. I hope you can sqeeze some 'me' time in there somewhere. Big hug, K xox
  • Twiggy34B
    Options
    I am having me time on fri night with my friends for dinner assuming all went well with biopsy but even if not i will still go out and havw that me time. I have girls night out once every quarter and really love it. Pity they all dont want to do it often as they all work and travel alot. Will wait for outcome and should have answer tomorrow. X
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,576
    Options
    SO sorry for your anxious wait @Twiggy34B   and fully understand & feel your anxiety!  :(  

Hope you enjoy your You Time with your buddies - it is SO IMPORTANT to have YOU TIME!  With people who know & love you & can give a a laugh or 3!!

• kmakm
    Options
    Cancel the brownie and drink French champagne instead! Wonderful wonderful news!

Now in the nicest possible way, I hope I never see you here again! All the very very best. Kate xox