Not diagnosed but awaiting

Options

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,586
    Options
    @Twiggy34B
    Don't forget - you can ask to tape it on your phone as well - so you can go over it again later, if you wish!  ;)
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @kmakm my breastcare nurse has put me down for the next reconstruction night so that will give me more info of options and surgeons.  I think I'd definitely going to go and have an initial consultation with a surgeon so I can look at my options and costings.  I think Im gonna let myself get through chemo and recover from that and then see how I go on Tamoxifen.  Feel like 3 surgeries this year is enough for me so might look into doing it next year. xoxoxo
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Good luck for your biopsy @Twiggy34B , had my SIL or my husband with me for appts .Went by myself for the biopsy , doubt they'd let him in the room during the procedure , a nurse held my hand which was lovely, in my case no info handed out that day ,you need to wait for results 
    Hugs xx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel Sounds sensible to me. I had 13 hours under GA in five months. I'm glad I've got a 6 - 8 month gap to my revision surgery.
  • Twiggy34B
    Twiggy34B Member Posts: 37
    Options
    @tigerbeth thank you. If they wont let hubby in then so be it. I might just havw to make so with being beside myswlf and just remember all the good things instead of bad things and just not look at anything that looks like a needle or scalpel because i can most definitely say i am a wuss and i get very light headed and drained when i see the sight of one in someones hand. Blood tests just as bad as it is for me. Hubbys hands taken all the  bending over the years. 

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    I wrote my questions in a diary which fitted in my handbag. Sadly it was my cancer appointment diary. However I'm hoping for you, you will not need one. It is slim and size of half A4 sheet. I bought from Cheap as Chips. 
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    @Twiggy34B definitely no looking, I never look !!! Staring at the ceilings good !!
  • Twiggy34B
    Options
    @primek hopefully i dont need any cancer related things at all. But a small diary is not a bad idea at all caey carry in handbag. I might go buy one in morning. Definitely be handy to have in general and for health and wellbeing. With my demyelination disease it will be handy to have anyway. 

• Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @kmakm shit that’s a lot - I know your last surgery was long. I have had about 5 hours this year which is enough for me. 
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel It's exhausting isn't it?
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    You're not the only one who can't face more surgery (or more anything) this year.  My surgeon won't consider serious reconstruction talking for 12 months and I'm happy with that.  I'm not sure that I ever want to think about it so I'm doing a Scarlett O'Hara...I'll think about that, tomorrow.
  • kmakm
    Options
    I hear you @Sister. You'll know you're ready if/when you start thinking about it comfortably.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    I think 3 surgeries, chemo and then the joys of starting tamoxifen is enough for my little body this year. I’ll let it adjust after all that has happened/happening and then reassess next year. 
  • Twiggy34B
    Options
    Finally did that one core biopsy. Didnt get to have hubby in with me or hold anyones hand. Had male technician doing the guiding of ultrasound and male doctor doing the biopsy thats it. Felt a little vulnerable with my boob out for 2 males to see but just tried to think that its for biopsy only. Now wait for result.
  • kmakm
    Options
    I'm surprised they didn't have a woman in the room with you, surprised they didn't ask if you'd like one present. I think you are entitled to have one. Be sure and ask for a breastcare nurse to be in any room you're in during any part of your treatment if you think that would assist or make you feel more comfortable. They may not be able to always provide one, but there's no harm in asking. You can have a note put on your file that you'd always like a woman present. Your GP should be able to help you with that.

I hope you're not too sore. I was from mine but an ice pack for a couple of days helped and then it was just bruising. K xox