Not diagnosed but awaiting

Options

Comments

• Twiggy34B
    Twiggy34B Member Posts: 37
    Options
    @primek I am not sure how I go about genetic counsellor? I suppose i could ask my breast surgeon. I would be curious. 
    I was starting to think im never going to meet anyone that experienced what i have to date. I am not even sure what to expect in the end. Thanks for making me feel better with your info.

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Your breast surgeon or GP can refer, knowing your  family history helps them to realise it's necessary.
  • Twiggy34B
    Options
    Well they knew my family history and im surprised they havent offered to date considering. I will request one. Thanks for letting me know.  
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    hi Twiggy34B everyone has given you lots of advice and support 

Below are a couple of links to help you find your
    way around the forum and also how to find a breast care nurse and how to order
    a MY journey Kit if you haven't got one yet. 

It can be a a whirlwind when we first get a
    diagnosed.... Breathe and take it one step at a time. 

The what and how thread.

http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/14879/the-what-and-how-thread/p1 

Breast Care Nurses

https://www.mcgrathfoundation.com.au/OurMission/OurNurses/FindANurse.aspx 

My Journey Kits and other
    resources. 

https://www.bcna.org.au/resources/

BCNA Helpline 1800 500 258

If you have any questions, concerns or require any further information
    or support please call 1800 500 258.  The Helpline is open Monday,
    Wednesday and Friday from 9 am till 5 pm EST and Tuesday and Thursday from 9 am
    till 9 pm EST.

Soldiercrab
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @Twiggy34B sending you a private message
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    This is a great link has great info on fibroadenoma.

https://breast-cancer.ca/fibro-noma/
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Hi there @Twiggy34B I had previous FNAs in my ittybittycystytitty and the last scan I had showed a fibroadenonoma left boob 3 o’clock. I asked then to get it out but was told it was harmless so didn’t bother. Then 12 months later a routine mammogram picked up a tumor same side.  I’d ask for the gene test too. Trust your guts on this one love. Get your results first you might not need to do anything at all which is what we are all hoping is your outcome love. Big hug. Margie xx
  • Twiggy34B
    Options
    @onemargie thanks for the positiveneness. Hopefully a result this time as last time was inconclusive 3 months ago. Im not even sure why i was made to wait 3 months for ultrasound and mammo instead of a core biopsy to confirm. I will get to ask the breast man all these questions tomorrow. Thanks im feeling a bit positive this morning. 
  • Twiggy34B
    Options
    So todayat 2pm i get to see breast surgeon. No idea what im going to ask or say except i know one od them is genetic testings as cancer is rife on both side of my family and my health condition is somewhat average. I have demylination disease (brain related) and not related to my boobs so not sure if i should mention this to him? Demylination is where im exposed to neurological problems of the brain. I found out september during my standard MRI scan last year as i been suffering migrains at 2am in mornings to point of days of unberable vomitings. Anyway anything else i need to ask or tell? I do want all tumors out begnin or not but then again do want to keep my boobs scar free. Who doesnt. Anyway im babbling on jittering with nerves because ive no idea what im going to say. So saying it on here instead. Safer than blabbering at myself in public place like a lunatic right?
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Always a safe place here Twiggy!

I think its always best to mention other health conditions to your doctors. They'll probably ask anyway. They don't want medications adversely interacting.

Take some deep breaths. In for four, hold for three, our for six. One of the fab women here passed on to me some advice shec was given to calm anxiety. You pat yourself on the arms and then your legs while saying "This is me". I've done it a couple of times and I've found it helpful.

Hang in there. It'll get better once there's a plan. K xox
  • Twiggy34B
    Options
    @kmakm thank you for your lovely advice. I unfortunately have more waiting to do. I have core biopsy on only ONE very same tumor that was inclusive as it changed in size and shape apparently in 3 months since the biopsy that was inconclusive. This one is 1.3cm 7oclock right position. The picture looked like itnhad 3 valves in it to me. He said it is possible it could be phyllodes but also hopeful begnin. The picture he showed me out of all tumors i had he said looks complexed and only one he is concerned about. The others he said will be monitored. So more waiting game. Love it!
  • kmakm
    Options
    Love that you're able to crack jokes darl  ;):*<3
  • kmakm
    Options
    My activity for the afternoon? Stripping off to take photos of my infected incisions to email to my plastic surgeon... The bizarro world of breast cancer eh?
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    Worse when it is a teleconference with them  strip so they can see you   :/

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @kmakm how is everything healing??