Who else can't sleep?

Options

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Thanks, @eastmum I'll leave the bubbles until I can taste them, though!  They don't have a bell or any other celebratory thing at Kimberley though one of the nurses said they should.  Maybe I should take my own!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Sister good luck for the last one. They didn’t have a bell at my chemo either xoxox
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @Sister - absolutely take your own! And I’ll be ringing a loud beautiful bell figuratively for you! Actually bugger the bell! You’ll walk out of there knowing you’ve done it! Worked through all the crappy side effects, sleepless nights - ALL the shit - and made it through ALL your chemo treatments! You’ll be ringing your own personal ‘bell’ inside and that’s all you’ll need. You go girl!! - and yeah hahaha - I wouldn’t be able to enjoy the taste of the bubbles either - maybe a celebratory swig of mouth wash?? LOL. So excited for you today!!! 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Sister To my diagnosis sister, congratulations on finishing chemo today! You may not feel like jumping for joy but I hope you feel the same as I did, a deep satisfaction at making it through, and walking outta there in one piece, with no regrets, to hopefully never return. I feel so proud of you for keeping going with your gritty determination. Well done. Kate xox
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Yahoo @Sister

Awesome feeling to get that last one out of the way.  I remember walking out after it (no bell there either) and just looking up to the sky and breathing a huge sigh of relief.  Crossing off that last one on my calendar (which I had taken in the car with me for the occasion) with the biggest red nikko pen I could find. I think I wrote a couple of swear words to chemo under it LOL

All the best.
    xoxoxoxo 
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    @Sister congratulations ,good work on getting through ! 
    Hope you feel ok we'll raise a glass to you & wish you all the best 
    Enjoy you bubbles , soon I hope !! 
    Xxx
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    @Sister  take your own for sure!! One of those big foghorns or a loudhailer. I felt like yelling" F**K YOU CHEMO! I survived with a smile." However, the chemo nurses were just too nice and I didn't want them to feel connected to that statement. I wrote a poem instead. Very cathartic for me to write it out....

On a more serious note - kudos to you!  Sensational effort. xx
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Well done @Sister on your final chemo dose, hopefully foreva! <3
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @sister - awesome and glad you found a bell ;-).  Hope you don't feel too bad this week and enjoy that champers when you feel up to it. 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @kmakm have you tried the magnesium spray?  I was going to get some tomorrow and try it.
  • Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    Options
    @Sister great to hear that it's your last chemo . Each day of discomfort will be a day closer to the end and not to be repeated. Yay!
    Whats your cats name ? I love cats, our last one died in Nov 2016 and we promise not to get another as we also love the birds too much.  We miss our beloved puss so much . 
    Hope all went well today. Xxx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    He's a little licorice tabby called Storm.
  • Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Sweet .... Ours was a white cat called Snowy . We are not that original with names   :)
This discussion has been closed.