Who else can't sleep?

Options

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel It was frightful. Totally reliving it *shudders*

@SoldierCrabThank you for the hugs. It was awful and it has unsettled me all day. It just never seems to occur to me to get up and do something else.

Sleep is becoming even more problematic for me. Increasingly I'm approaching bedtime with trepidation. It's difficult to get comfortable with the Letrozole aches, restless legs are a feature. Five to twenty minutes after getting under the doona I have a hot flush, often accompanied by nausea. They go for five to ten minutes. Then I'm freezing. I've just drifted off to sleep when I get another one. Once I'm finally asleep I usually get about three hours before another hot flush wakes me up. After that it's wakey sleepy, every hour or two, until I have to get up. I never EVER come close to feeling refreshed.

Is there a sleeping pill that can knock me out for eight hours? I desperately need a rest.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2018
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    @kmakm  sweet dreams tonight dearest, not nightmares. x
  • kmakm
    Options
    Fingers crossed @JJ70 you sweet thing, thank you. K xox
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Joannie I started my case study of Magnesium this Monday, taking a chelate pill each morning. Do you think I should try taking it at night?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Joannie I have not had a single decent night's sleep since November 23rd. I don't have an addiction issue and at this point I'd risk it for one week of good sleep.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2018
    Options
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Joannie Right. I'll switch it tomorrow. I'll let you know how I go. Thank you!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2018
    Options
  • kmakm
    Options
    Oh @Joannie, that's so rotten. I'm having tinnitus issues too. They've noticeably increased in the last week. My other main one is constipation... Honestly, if you'd told me a major side effect of all my breast cancer treatment would be constipation I would have laughed. Not laughing now...

I'm definitely finding the aching ankles come in waves. They started bad, eased up for a fortnight, got bad again for two weeks, eased up for one and are now starting to ache badly once again. The ache never goes away though. And the last few days my hands and wrists have started to be affected.

I don't know if it's affecting my mood. It's hard to know where diagnosis, treatment, chemopause and the AI start and where they stop! I'm not too teary or grumpy but I do find I have to force myself out of the house more than I used to. And I'm much more clingy with my husband than before. The confidence that came easily now has to be worked on.

I want to stick Letrozole out for six months if I can. I've got ten years to be on an AI so I have to be patient and determined. If I can tough some of this out I will.

It helps to not feel alone Joannie. I hope you feel the same way. You never sound negative. Always calm and determined. We'll hang in there together. K xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Bloody hell @kezmusc NOT FAIR!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @kmakm - the magnesium tablets and a nightly epsom salts soak may help (who's going to tell you off for taking a nice bath when it's medicinal) - here's me talking out of the proverbial since I have yet to experience the joys of hormone therapy.  @arpie has just been put on a different drug - it may be worth following her progress.  As for the hot flushes, I think you just have to ride that one out as I believe most of the remedies probably aren't good for us except for the most drastic one and you've probably had your fill of surgery.
    You're ahead of me - I haven't had a full night's sleep since 5 December.  I don't know how I am going to manage when I do go back to work.  Kip in the compactus, maybe.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Hey @Kiwi Angel and @Sister.

Thank you for thinking of me. Well, for some, the SE do settle after 6months, 12months.  The lady I have been talking to said it took her two years to get it under control.  I was talking to my BCN yesterday and she says from what she sees it's about a 50 50 split on who continues with it and who bails out due to their SE's.
    I've thought about all the other options but this one is supposed to be the lesser of two evils. LOL

On a good note KiwiAngel,  I've had no swelling, lost weight and it's halved my cholesterol.  So yay for that bit. You might be fine.  The sooner you start, the sooner you'll know I guess.

Fingers and toes crossed.  xoxoxo
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @kezmusc funny how it affects people so differently I’ll be sure to keep I posted how I go. 

@kmakm a woman I work with has just started using a magnesium spray for sore muscles and she swears by it and thinks its amazing - she also said if u spray it on your stomach it can help with sleep. I was going to get some but I looked on the herbs app and there is a contradiction with blood pressure meds so I can’t use it  :s

I would kill for a full nights sleep. I get home and I’m freezing so turn the electric blanket on and then turn it off just when I’m about to go to sleep. I doze off really quickly for about 1/2 hr and then get woken up by my first hot flush. After this it’s just a cycle of tossing and turning all night with flushes and an aching hip and knee, normally wide awake for awhile about 3-3-30am. Got some sleeping tablets when I first started chemo but don’t want to try one when I have to work the next day or when I have had any alcohol - should of had one last night  :/
This discussion has been closed.