Who else can't sleep?

Options

Comments

• tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    @kmakm Kate try the magnesium, oils/spray the magnesium you ingest doesn't stay in your body , the topical magnesium seems to be way more effective . 
    Seems to be doing the trick at the moment , 
    fingers crossed it keeps working ! 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel @tigerbeth OK. Magnesium spray for my ankles it is!

Good luck @kezmusc. I hope you'll get on top of it this time. K xox
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @kmakm maybe u can try it in the belly to help with sleep. 
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    @kmakm yes yes to magnesium. Tablet form an hour before bed. Got a footbath? Epsom salts in that too. Magnesium spray on belly.
    ...also agree with that too.
    What time are you taking other meds? At the young womens' support group I go to, those ladies who have been on Tamoxifen and other hormone inhibitors say taking it at 830pm is best. This is following the research that our bodies process most of our hormones between 9-11pm, a little like our brains process abd clear out waste materials while we sleep. 
    On this front, your mind is pretty dirty at the moment Kate! (Sorry couldn't miss that opportunity)
  • kmakm
    Options
    @JJ70 Who, moi?!

Actually, that's really interesting, thank you. I take a bunch at breakfast and a bunch before I go to sleep. I'll see if I can take the Magnesium at 8.30pm.
  • kmakm
    Options
    Might try an Epsom Salts bath this weekend. Now that the pain is starting in my hands and wrists I'll give anything a go. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. K xox
  • JJ70
    Options
    @kmakm not so much the magnesium at 830, but any hormone blocker like Tamoxifen.
    Magnesium one hour before bed. Melatonin half hour before bed I think. No screens 1hr before bed.
    Sleep hygiene - Google it to check out other ideas that may support better sleep. Hoping magnesium is helpful for your discomfort.  X
  • kmakm
    Options
    I'm all over the sleep hygiene @JJ70! I'm seeing my oncologist next week and I'll ask her about the best time of day to the AI. K xox
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    Options
    Restavit 
     from chemist!
    I have learnt what works for me. 3 drops lavender 2 cups Epsom Salts Warm Bath and Bed. if really wound up Meditation on my IPod.... But it did take me few years to work it out.

• Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @kezmusc oh dear - at least your teeth will me nicely exfoliated.   :D. I think my hot flushes were worse last night and I definitely tossed and turned more. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Up at 3am - back to bed, exhausted and legs aching at 5am, up again at 7:30am... So, does that technically mean I slept in?
    @kezmusc Your teeth will be clean right inside
    @kmakm I don't know what I'd do with one - these days that just seems like a lot of work
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @kmakm seems like your body is healing nicely from chemo  :p. @Sister that sounds crap. Have a quiet day today. I’m guessing the cold doesn’t help the aching legs. 
  • JJ70
    Options
    HAD A SHIT NIGHT.
    Decided I want to go to Melbourne for Field of Women and my brain would not turn off regarding all the ins and outs it will take to get there. Plus my bloody feet were having the biggest whingey achy time and I couldn't be bothered getting up to get socks on (which I should have done immediately). A night of paying for it at both ends. :s
This discussion has been closed.