• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    OH @steplightly
    what a brilliant suggestion .... I love it 
  • steplightly
    steplightly Member Posts: 185
    Options
    Thanks SoldierCrab for your encouragement.

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    @soldiercrab thank you, lovely of you to say, though I was talking not just about myself but all of us collectively...in terms of opinions it doesn't matter, not really. I'm under no illusion that my contributions are valued but they are also volunteered, and that I am not an employee of BCNA, even if it is US that are here running the Forum 24/7...

:)

M
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    @steplightly - great suggestion for the name change. Simple and straight to the point.  Hoping BCNA sits up and takes notice.
    Perhaps the next magazine could have a sheet of voting paper in it and if anyone is interested in having their voice heard they can return it with their own stamp (i.e. saving BCNA postage costs).
    Prior to that they need to look at the ideas put forward via this website and then ask us all to vote on that.
    Any thoughts anyone ?
  • steplightly
    Options
    Thank you Summerhill38. Just wanted to put thoughts out there that have been ruminating in my variable functioning brain.. 
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    Options
    I can see your point @Zoffiel. I think leaving the magazine as ‘The Beacon’ instead of changing it to Pink Lady is an easy thing to reach consensus on. One thing at a time is what we all have experience with   ;)
  • steplightly
    Options
    The idea of aBreast is for the magazine name only.  Leaving it as Beacon is fine. A massive consensus for a no to Pink Lady.

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,374
    Options
    So, we have 160 comments so far - do we need to make this more formal? A letter to the executive and Board? Happy to do so.......
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    @Afraser
     that is a wonderful Idea can you please do that on behalf of all of those who don't want the Beacon name changed until further consultation with the members. 
    Maybe start a post asking who wants to have their name on the letter also ? 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    I think that is a great idea @afraser. I also think that adding @BCNA to all comments relating to the change of name and our request that is suspended will mean that there can be no suggestion that information was not received.

If the message is consistent --No Pink Lady Magazine-- there can be no confusion.

One battle at a time, ladies and gents.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.