Disappointed in The Beacon's name change

Options

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Actually the idea of 20th Anniversary with an updated logo would be a good idea @brightspace
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Payne
    Payne Member Posts: 150
    Options
    Only ready your message today @iserbrown. Sorry you are unwell. Hope things improve for you.  Love your new profile pic x
  • traveltext
    traveltext Member Posts: 253
    Options

Yep, you've hit the nail on the head re the perfect time for a new logo launch  brightspace.

BCNA, how about a national competition to design a modern, all inclusive, logo?

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,374
    Options
    I am possibly falling over myself to be fair, but a national competition is a huge amount of work, and is not guaranteed to get a perfect result. As @zoffiel says, let's give BCNA a bit of time to digest all this and see if a simple response (like not changing the name!) will give us all time and space.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    A national competition with a $5 entry fee for each entry ? fundraising at the same time?  could be sent to every school in Australia? 
  • Afraser
    Options
    If you have ever run one of these, you'll know it can be an organisational behemoth (or nightmare, if you prefer). Not sure that's the best (and certainly not the quickest) solution  : )
  • brightspace
    brightspace Member Posts: 445
    Options
    Calmer waters please! We have started the discussion dont go overboard...great times ahead I am sure
     :(  :*  <3
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    How about the pink ribbon entwined with a blue ribbon ?  Combines the existing known brand and adds the "male colour" without being too gender-specific ?  Just a thought ....
    Keep the magazine name as it is.
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,503
    Options
    I've also sat back and followed the discussion, so many of you ladies with so many incredibly valid and well articulated thoughts and arguments. @nikkid I couldnt have agreed more with your post. I think it poignant to say that all of the Members here whether just joined or been here for years all agree on the integral part we each play in BCNA and the Forum particularly. 

It does seem however, based on this discussion that perhaps whilst we are valued Members for our input and 24hr help to each other and new comers in the confines of the Forum, that is likely the extent of things, which is a shame as it leaves rather than a united front but a divided one. 

I love PINK! but in terms of Pink Lady, I concur it's outdated and not reflected across the board for anyone who suffered at the hand of this shit disease. 

Again, I only decided to comment now as like all of you, I agree with your very raw, valid opinions...however I also felt that mine on top really doesn't matter at all...

xx M

• traveltext
    traveltext Member Posts: 253
    Options

Actually, due to time limitations, I'd invite 10 top logo and branding companies to submit designs. Then put them out for comment. The cost, nothing, since these these companies would donate their services. 

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @melclarity
    your opinion always counts, you have a beautiful soul and I agree with your statements. 
    this one concerns me...... It does seem however, based on this discussion that perhaps whilst we are valued Members for our input and 24hr help to each other and new comers in the confines of the Forum, that is likely the extent of things, which is a shame as it leaves rather than a united front but a divided one.    I bloody hope it is not this......
    @Afraser
    my comment was just a brain fart at looking at raising funds while finding a suitable logo
    @traveltext
    such a clever idea that companies would donate their services 

@brightspace
    I hope that you realise this is a open and honest discussion about something that most of us feel passionately about. No one has been nasty or attacking just stating facts about the situ@Afraser

Soldiercrab
  • Afraser
    Options
    Totally understood, no offence meant, just don't want to over complicate a good resolution. 
  • brightspace
    brightspace Member Posts: 445
    Options
    Pink lady info and business plan  now on website page 

@soldercrab..disappointed with inference 

And ITotally aggreed with @afrasers last  comment

Last from Bright in hope
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.