Creative Corner!

Comments

• kitkatbkitkatb Member Posts: 412
    Thanks @jennyss ; @arpie ; and yes @kmakm , once I start back again I will let you know Kate.   What sort of dog have you got.  They make such good subjects  xoxo
  • j9kj9k Member Posts: 97
    He looks like a real character @kmakm! Love his colouring! @kitkatb your paintings are wonderful! You get such personality into them. A really unique style! 😀 
  • Annie CAnnie C Member Posts: 543
    @Sister

I had not thought of birds. Macho or otherwise. Now the creative juices are really flowing. Thanks for the idea. 
    Wedgetail Eagles, Whistling Kites (We call them Kimberley Kites), Straw Neck Ibis  ( Mr Bin Chicken to you), Emu, Magpies, Butcherbirds. Now you have started me!

Take care and warm Kimberley wishes to you (from Port Hedland where we are enjoying catching up with old friends). 

Annie

• Riki_BCNARiki_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 213
    What lovely work @kitkatb, I love the use of colour in your paintings-very talented
  • jenajena Ashby NSWMember Posts: 83
    @Annie C  What a gorgeous quilt. There must be hundreds of hours of patient, detailed stitching in it. 

@InkPetal  I’m sorry for the tardy reply .. I’ve not checked this discussion for way too long.
    I feel honoured to have my work complemented by such a talented artist. Thank you. 
    I have not done any filigree patterning I’m afraid. Thank you for considering me for your commission though.  I’d love to see what you get made. 
  • InkPetalInkPetal You are valuable, beautiful, extraordinary.Member Posts: 502
    I didn't draw a single colouring page over the course of 2018. This. Must. Change. I've started doing sketches if I'm out having a private coffee break - so, rarely. I need some encouragement and inspiration. What's got you really juiced-up creatively lately?
  • SisterSister Adelaide Hills, SAMember Posts: 4,057
    I no longer have a creative bone in my body (maybe the creativity was all in my right boob?) but I do hope to see more of your stuff @inkpetal.
  • kmakmkmakm MelbourneMember Posts: 7,174
    @InkPetal How I felt when I finally started. K xox
  • kmakmkmakm MelbourneMember Posts: 7,174
    Beautiful @melclarity. K xox
  • arpiearpie Mid North Coast, NSWMember Posts: 2,764
    Absolutely Beautiful @melclarity   Your poem has brought tears to my eyes  xx

It is 51 years since my Dad passed ..... I am still his little girl & I still miss him
  • melclaritymelclarity Member Posts: 3,336
    @arpie I'm sorry to hear that, it is hard no matter the time passed, I think as Ive lost both now it's just been a tough week with my Mums Anniversary on Monday too. :( Writing lifts me like nothing else and sets me free. xx
  • SoldierCrabSoldierCrab Bathurst NSW Member Posts: 3,200
    oh @melclarity
    how that touched my heart  my dad was taken from me back in 1991 with Lung Cancer very quickly I still miss him now and realise that I have been without him nearly as long as I had him with me...  :'( so glad that your writing can help you be lifted out of the sadness that death brings when we lose our parents. 

Keep writing. 
    Soldiercrab

• SoldierCrabSoldierCrab Bathurst NSW Member Posts: 3,200
    Now Miss @InkPetal

How about that lovely little fairy garden and story you wrote OMG I am still awaiting the next chapter .... your work inspires me to be in a space of wonder.... 
    Your art works are incredible and help so many I am sure it is the same for you when the pen/pencils start to work their magic on the pages. 

What wondrous joys did you encounter with J. recently ? the pictures told a million and one stories.... 

Cats everywhere in the world for you... 

Soldiercrab