Creative Corner!

Comments

• kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Thanks @jennyss @arpie and yes @kmakm , once I start back again I will let you know Kate.   What sort of dog have you got.  They make such good subjects  xoxo
  • j9k
    j9k Member Posts: 98
    He looks like a real character @kmakm! Love his colouring! @kitkatb your paintings are wonderful! You get such personality into them. A really unique style! 😀 
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @Sister

I had not thought of birds. Macho or otherwise. Now the creative juices are really flowing. Thanks for the idea. 
    Wedgetail Eagles, Whistling Kites (We call them Kimberley Kites), Straw Neck Ibis  ( Mr Bin Chicken to you), Emu, Magpies, Butcherbirds. Now you have started me!

Take care and warm Kimberley wishes to you (from Port Hedland where we are enjoying catching up with old friends). 

Annie

• Riki_BCNA
    Riki_BCNA Staff Posts: 323
    What lovely work @kitkatb, I love the use of colour in your paintings-very talented
  • jena
    jena Member Posts: 81
    @Annie C  What a gorgeous quilt. There must be hundreds of hours of patient, detailed stitching in it. 

@InkPetal  I’m sorry for the tardy reply .. I’ve not checked this discussion for way too long.
    I feel honoured to have my work complemented by such a talented artist. Thank you. 
    I have not done any filigree patterning I’m afraid. Thank you for considering me for your commission though.  I’d love to see what you get made. 
  • InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499
    I didn't draw a single colouring page over the course of 2018. This. Must. Change. I've started doing sketches if I'm out having a private coffee break - so, rarely. I need some encouragement and inspiration. What's got you really juiced-up creatively lately?
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I no longer have a creative bone in my body (maybe the creativity was all in my right boob?) but I do hope to see more of your stuff @inkpetal.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @InkPetal How I felt when I finally started. K xox
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Beautiful @melclarity. K xox
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,524
    Absolutely Beautiful @melclarity   Your poem has brought tears to my eyes  xx

It is 51 years since my Dad passed ..... I am still his little girl & I still miss him
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    @arpie I'm sorry to hear that, it is hard no matter the time passed, I think as Ive lost both now it's just been a tough week with my Mums Anniversary on Monday too. :( Writing lifts me like nothing else and sets me free. xx
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    oh @melclarity
    how that touched my heart  my dad was taken from me back in 1991 with Lung Cancer very quickly I still miss him now and realise that I have been without him nearly as long as I had him with me...  :'( so glad that your writing can help you be lifted out of the sadness that death brings when we lose our parents. 

Keep writing. 
    Soldiercrab

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Now Miss @InkPetal

How about that lovely little fairy garden and story you wrote OMG I am still awaiting the next chapter .... your work inspires me to be in a space of wonder.... 
    Your art works are incredible and help so many I am sure it is the same for you when the pen/pencils start to work their magic on the pages. 

What wondrous joys did you encounter with J. recently ? the pictures told a million and one stories.... 

Cats everywhere in the world for you... 

Soldiercrab