Is that right? Did you really say that?

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Very funny film  - particularly the asides between takes. 
  • Blondy
    Blondy Member Posts: 238
    @Flaneuse .if you put a bit of hair shaper and muzz it around and make it look like its supposed to be messy, it will look like you chose the hairstyle and not the other way around . You'll look very chic and trendy . 
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @Blondy Thanks for the professional tip. My profile photo is how I looked in Feb 2017!
  • Sailor
    Sailor Member Posts: 10
    I spend half an hour in my garden every morning, so have a slight tan. I also began a weight loss journey 6 months before my diagnosis and have lost 18kg. I didn't have chemo, just rads, so no hair loss. I do have a lymphoedema sleeve. I get "but you look great!" all the time. I bite my tongue after smiling and mumbling thanks. I wonder what they'd say if they could see my red, peeling boob or feel my lymphoedema or see what's going on, on the inside! So tempting to enlighten them 😉

• kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    @Flaneuse great photo.  my hair looks exactly the same just a little shorter and white.  ( i was grey/brown before but white now )     
    That's so true @Sailor  its like when I had chemo my skin looked rosy and healthy looking and people always used to say
     " gee you look good and your face is glowing"   I just felt like slapping them ( it was bloody glowing alright nothing like a little bit of toxin poison to add a bit of blush to the cheeks )    Wow 18 kg that's awesome, I'm slowly trying to lose a bit,  doesn't help that hubbies decided to give up smoking and has stocked up on bags of lollies.  :/      xo
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Too bloody right. I avoid both terms.
  • Flaneuse
    Me too. I'm just getting from one day to the next. And it's nothing like any journey I've ever been on or any battle (of wits, will or tactics etc) I've ever engaged in. 
  • Afraser
    It's just plain inaccurate - journey implies travelling from one place to another, and usually physically. It's a trip - not a word that works very well either. "Battle" I can't stand but have to reluctantly acknowledge that my own Scottish forebears regularly engaged in humungous struggles for utterly unclear reasons in inhospitable places with contested results. And called them battles. 
  • Flaneuse
    @Afraser I was horrified when I visited Culloden to find that my Scottish forebears stayed home and waited to see who would win! In scriptwriting (which I used to do), many people talk about a character's "journey" and it pisses some people off no end. In our situations, we didn't ever sign up or buy a ticket to go anywhere with this disease. And whatever the ending turns out to be for any of us, it's not going to be the same as where we would have chosen to be however many years it is from when we started.
  • Afraser
    The lowland Frasers (my lot) did that too, can't really blame them. I am more aligned to the phrase "it is better to travel in hope than to arrive ". Which is life really as our final destination is always the same, which I don't find depressing just a completion - and as St Augustine said "not yet"! 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I don't know what the Buchanans or Macadams did but it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to stay out of it!  Journey and battle annoy the hell out of me, as well.  And as you say @afraser, we're all heading to the same place but I'd like to get quite a bit older yet - better over the hill than under it!
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    @Sister. My great grandmother was a Buchanan. My grandmother was a McDougall. I know nothing about their origins.