Night Howls

Options

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @kmakm. I will need to go soon and get mine trimmed and coloured. Want a really gentle colour on my new hair  ;). That will do it - probably all the excitement and emotion of the day. 

Another weird thing i have discovered is that if I have a few drinks I don’t get hot flushes - I have no idea why, and not something I can regularly do to prevent them but found it interesting. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    That is interesting @Kiwi Angel. Maybe it has something to do with stress, which is one of the things on the list to avoid to reduce hot flushes. But then so is alcohol... You might be relaxing after a drink or two and that's helping. Particularly if alcohol isn't a trigger for you. A speaker at the Plan B conference said that sulphur in red wine is a trigger and suggested that if you must drink, hunting out some organic red wine (ie no sulphur) might be helpful.
  • Marianne_BCNA
    Marianne_BCNA Member Posts: 245
    Options
    So good to see that a lot of you caught up at either the forum or Field of Women. Was great to meet a number of you too. Both days were such a privilege to be a part of.Loving your photos!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @kmakm - I know - its very weird doesn't really make any sense to me.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel  I live in the sticks - my road is almost 4km long and we are one of 7 houses on it, and next to a natural reserve.  Unfortunately, it's also bitumised which makes it a bit of a rat-run for those who want to avoid slowing down through the country towns on their way across the Hills to work.
  • Sister
    Options
    Yay! I'm waiting for the end of active treatment to try them again. They're too bloody expensive to waste when other things are interfering.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    Might have to try the melatonin thing. Do u guys just get the supplements from the chemist or do u get a script from the doctot??
  • kmakm
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel It's prescription only in Australia and my GP prescribed the 2mg dose. I read something that said this is the most common one in Australia, and that 0.5 - 5mgs showed much the same benefits. You don't need a prescription for it in the USA and you can but 10mg pills on the internet. K xox
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @kmakm did see some herbal ones for sale at chemist warehouse and also read something that anything over 1mg needs a script. Might need to look at it. Getting up at 4.30 and going for a run yesterday obviously has no affect - wide awake since 2.30am this morning.  :'(
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel Infuriating. Crazy windy here, which I loathe.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @kmakm supposed to be very windy here today too but dead quiet at the moment apart from a snoring husband and a purring cat staring at me. 
  • Sister
    Options
    I think I had a script from memory...Circadian or something like that... Don't know if you need one, though.
    (I thought I'd posted that last night but here it is staring at me)

Windy here, too.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    The wind if just starting up here now. Will look into the melatonin thing - have to do something. 2.30am wake up and now I have to go to work for 11 hours.  :(
  • Sister
    Options
    I've got a few more weeks before I go back to work and I know I need to sort out this sleeping thing before then.