Someone to chat with

Options

Comments

• JJoy
    JJoy Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes Debbie, you will have the tears.  I was watching the 500th Footy Show last night and they showed a segment of 'Crawf's Charity Run' for Breast Cancer - I couldn't help thinking when he did that last year, I had absolutely no idea I would soon be in the 'pink' category.  So my eyes leaked a bit watching it - it really hit home.  I am having nightmares lately and it wakes my poor husband up, all I know is I wake up frightened (I can't remember the dreams) and he is consoling me - this thing really gets to you. Thank you for the hugs - right back at you girl xo oxo oxo ox

• JJoy
    edited March 2015
    Options

You are so right! Thank you ......trouble is why do you wanna cry at THE most inappropriate times - tears were running down my face on the operating table and I couldn't stop them, I mean I wasn't sobbing or anything, they just streamed down my face!  I felt like a bit of a goose x J

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

I was the same Joy- couldn't predict when the water works would start.I didn't shed a tear during body scans and mastectomy.But when I signed the chemo consent form I turned into a blubbering mess.They must have thought I was a nut case cos they rang and told my surgeon about it.So when I went for my check up with her she mentioned my meltdown.I just told her I was having a "moment".I was embarrassed.I think if I hadn't let it all build up then I wouldn't have exploded from signing a piece of paper.So let the tears flow and hopefully you'll avoid major public meltdowns!

luv Tonya xx

• JJoy
    edited March 2015
    Options

Now there's a thing, I was pretty weepy with the scans too! I thought I was being a bit of a baby, it had nothing to do with 'it hurting' I knew it wouldn't - its just an xray, but - it was the whole daunting experience and the stuff that is going through your head - I just felt so emotional!  This is amazing because with chats like this, all of a sudden you really are in touch with people 'who really do know what is like - how you feel' -.You dont have to be alone.  That is such a good thing!

• Debbie J
    Debbie J Member Posts: 322
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have not had any scans , I go to my onocologist on the 20th of this month, is that when they arrange it or do you have to ask to have them?.  I feel better after I have been talking to you all , it really helps me as I am still coming to terms with this. Feeling good today ,no tears YAH. Debbie

• JJoy
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Debbie  - I think because you are not having any chemo etc, they don't need to do scans.  I had to have them because I am having chemo and radiothereapy, I could be wrong - so go ahead and ask your doctor any way, there is never harm in asking is there? x x x

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Debbie,

When I first got b cancer in 2003 I didn't have any body scans.My lymph nodes(18!)were all clear so didn't have chemo either.However,with the recurrence last year,I got the full works! It also depends on your pathology too.If it's hercepton +ve then you might have to.Mine wasn't  -it was estrogen+ve and that is more favourable.

Anyway,I'm sure your doc. will advise you.I've come to realize that if you REALLY need a test or treatment or drugs they will insist you have it.If they say it's your choice then it's probably not that necessary but they are covering themselves and also giving you choice.Some people want the full works regardless.

Luv Tonya xx

• Debbie J
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks was worried, as this is all new not sure on a lot of things. Glad I  have all you angels for support. Big hugs Debbie xxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Debbie J
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks was worried, as this is all new not sure on a lot of things. Glad I  have all you angels for support. Big hugs Debbie xxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Lyn11
    Lyn11 Member Posts: 272
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Christine. I was interested to read your comment about reconstruction. I HATE being lopsided and want either the other removed or the right one reconstructed. My absolute best result would be the left reduced and the right made to match, :)   Have you done anything about getting the other breast removed yet? I have made approaches to a surgeon and the Plastics people but nothing within the next 2 years if I want it done in the Public system. My mastectomy was last July,.

Where in Queensland are you? Anywhere near North Brisbane?

Love, Lynne

• Debbie J
    edited March 2015
    Options

Today I am feeling more positive ,have been such  a mess emotionally, real rollercoaster ride. So many tears , I did not think I could cry so much.  Decided to start looking into reconstruction , but not looking to have it done till the end of the year. Just want to say thank you so much ladies for all your support . Big hugs Debbie.xxxxxxxxxxx

• grandma57
    grandma57 Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2015
    Options

Glad to hear you're feeling more positive Debbie and that's what we're here for...to give you support and to show you there is a light at the end of the tunnel. After all we have been through this and really together we can make a difference in the lives of others. Keep on smiling...sending you my love xxxxxxxxx grandma57

• Debbie J
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you so much for your support , it really helps having you guys to talk with and being able to say how I really feel. Big hugs Debbie. xxxxxxx

• Debbie J
    edited March 2015
    Options

Tonya,

Hope you do not mind me asking did  you have a mastectomy in 2003, and did it come back in the same place?.Mine is estrogeon+ve as well. Were you just put on the tablets?. My lymph nodes ( 15 ) were all clear as well. Just concerned  that it might come back if I only go on the tablets. See my oncologist next Wednesday 20th. Trying to gain as much info as I can before I go. Thanks Debbie

• Lyn11
    Lyn11 Member Posts: 272
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am just on the tablets as well and I am hoping that is all I will need. My oncologist said there is no guarantee but she is very hopeful that it won't come back and the tablets should be enough. Sending you good thoughts and lots of positiveness :)