Someone to chat with

Options

Comments

• grandma57
    grandma57 Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2015
    Options

It's great that your home and the operation went well. Try not to worry too much between now and when you see the doctor. Keep busy if you can and get your mind off it. If you enjoy reading that may help or perhaps there is something else you like doing to fill in the time. Like I said your emotions will run high and most likely change constantly and it's okay to cry. It may even help get rid of some anxiety.

Keep us informed and remember if you have any questions I'm sure one of us will be able to help you.

Sleep tight,

grandam57

• JJoy
    JJoy Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

I know how you feel Debbie, I had to wait over the Christmas an!d New Year period as everyone was away! Made for some sombre celebrations (celebrations? - not likely) anyway - it was a long wait from the 21st December to 4th of January. I am at the stage now where I go back into surgery on Tuesday the 4th to get my port for my chemo.  I felt really cranky this morning after the hospital rang me to let me know the date - I felt quite 'irrational' to say the least.  Lucky for me I went to my art group and I was greeted with lots of hugs (no secrets in this town) but it made me feel so much better! I am sending you a 'hug' - or! why not, have heaps! x x x x x x x

• JJoy
    JJoy Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

I know how you feel Debbie, I had to wait over the Christmas an!d New Year period as everyone was away! Made for some sombre celebrations (celebrations? - not likely) anyway - it was a long wait from the 21st December to 4th of January. I am at the stage now where I go back into surgery on Tuesday the 4th to get my port for my chemo.  I felt really cranky this morning after the hospital rang me to let me know the date - I felt quite 'irrational' to say the least.  Lucky for me I went to my art group and I was greeted with lots of hugs (no secrets in this town) but it made me feel so much better! I am sending you a 'hug' - or! why not, have heaps! x x x x x x x

• Debbie J
    Debbie J Member Posts: 322
    edited March 2015
    Options

The waiting is so hard. Wishing you all the best for Tuesday and big hugs. It is so hard so many thoughts going round in my head. Debbie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Debbie J
    edited March 2015
    Options

It is so hard to try and not think about it , I wonder how I am  going to get through this nightmare and will I be strong enough. Had another big cry today , feel so out of control. Thanks for your support. Debbie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Debbie J
    edited March 2015
    Options

It is so hard to try and not think about it , I wonder how I am  going to get through this nightmare and will I be strong enough. Had another big cry today , feel so out of control. Thanks for your support. Debbie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• grandma57
    edited March 2015
    Options

I know it's hard not to think about it but you really shouldn't let it consume your every thought and you will get through it. You are strong just like the rest of us women even if you don't feel that way right now...know that you are strong and everything will get better.

Try and see your crying as a good thing...it's releiving all the pressure inside of you.

I had breast cancer 8 years ago and I'm still here today able to talk about it...yes it's hard...no doubt about that but as we know anything is possible and good health is just around the corner...you just have to look for it.

Cheer up...we're all on your side and praying for your good health.

grandma 57

• grandma57
    edited March 2015
    Options

I know it's hard not to think about it but you really shouldn't let it consume your every thought and you will get through it. You are strong just like the rest of us women even if you don't feel that way right now...know that you are strong and everything will get better.

Try and see your crying as a good thing...it's releiving all the pressure inside of you.

I had breast cancer 8 years ago and I'm still here today able to talk about it...yes it's hard...no doubt about that but as we know anything is possible and good health is just around the corner...you just have to look for it.

grandma 57

• grandma57
    edited March 2015
    Options

grandma 57

• Loretta d
    Loretta d Member Posts: 124
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Debbie, good to hear the operation went well & that you are home. There is nothing like being back in your own bed is there. Yes the waiting for results is hard. I was in hospital for 7 days & got my patology results while I was in there & that was hard because I was all alone when told the bad news. Just rest up now & hope you get some good news soon.

Best wishes.

Loretta xx

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Debbie,

Glad the op went ok,that's one hurdle you've jumped.Those painkillers can make you abit up and down too.You are probably feeling sore and sorry for yourself,so have good cries and wallow in it for awhile.It won't make Friday come quicker but at least you'll be all cried out by then and you can face the results.My fingers are crossed for you.

luv Tonya xx

• Debbie J
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am really sore and the only pain killers they gave me were panadol. Had a very restless night , kept waking up with pain around my arm pit, but so glad to be in my own bed. Came home with a binder around my chest , should I start to try and wear the bra that the breast nurse gave me?. When I left hospital I was really told nothing , just to see my Dr on Friday. Love to you all. Debbie xxxxxxxxxxxx

• Debbie J
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am really sore and the only pain killers they gave me were panadol. Had a very restless night , kept waking up with pain around my arm pit, but so glad to be in my own bed. Came home with a binder around my chest , should I start to try and wear the bra that the breast nurse gave me?. When I left hospital I was really told nothing , just to see my Dr on Friday. Love to you all. Debbie xxxxxxxxxxxx

• Debbie J
    edited March 2015
    Options

• MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015
    Options

Can you get something a little stronger for the pain at night?  I used tramadol for about 10 days just at night and it really helped.  I slept with about 3 pillows and a little pillow I was given to put under my armpit - did you get one of those?  I started wearing my bra straight away but I think I also needed to support the expander - I only had binding across the top of my left side to under my armpit. Give your breast care nurse a call - that is what she is there for. :-) hopefully she can help you out. Also, keep up the regular pain relief - every 4-6 hours - don't wait until you feel pain again.  I was very uncomfortable sleeping for at least 2-3 weeks. 

Amandaxx