Sadly, Wendy55 passed away on March 3rd, 2024

2»

Comments

• Vangirl
    Vangirl Member Posts: 375
    Can I clarify - would the dragonfly motif be applied to members' profiles who have mets when they are diagnosed as such or only when they die? I have mets, so that's why I'm asking. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 8,040
    edited May 31
    I believe, It used to be applied to any member who'd passed, not just with mets, @Vangirl

Many of us brought the subject up in the survey that was on earlier this month.

• Mez_BCNA
    Mez_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 1,088
    We would love your feedback @Vangirl even with the survey closed, I can pass on your thoughts in relation to how profile management. Send me a private message if you like
  • arpie
    edited June 8
    This very much reflected Wendy's Spirit ..... It couldn't have been written any better ... 

She didn’t want to be the strong one, she just did what she had to do to survive.
    She wouldn’t call it being strong, she’d just say that she was being herself.
    There were so many hard days that she didn’t want to get out of bed, didn’t want to show up and just didn’t have it..
    But she did anyways, most of the time with a smile on her face.
    She never really understood why everyone leaned on her so heavily, because she didn’t think herself any different than anyone else.
    She didn’t worry about what challenges or hard days lie ahead..she was always up to the task.
    She may stumble through some and get lost a time or two, but she always figured it out.
    She didn’t know how strong she was until being strong was her only option.
    She chose each and every day to get up when she fell,
    Find a way when she failed and always made it to the top of the mountain she was trying to climb.
    It wasn’t easy and it was usually painful, but she took it all and kept going..
    That’s just who she was.
    She had that special something that pushed her to keep going when every ounce of her spirit screamed to quit.
    She couldn’t tell you why she was the way she was until one day, it dawned on her.
    Her path had never been easy and it had its fair share of bruises and scrapes along the way, but she always managed to push through it all.
    When she was tired, when she was weary, when she was bruised..she kept going.
    No excuses, regrets or apologies.
    She was the one of a kind brave soul that did whatever it took to be strong.
    They’d look at her and marvel at her courage, strength and bravery, saying she was just born that way.
    She’d smile graciously at their compliments.
    She knew no one was born strong.
    You either fight, struggle and overcome ..or you quit.
    She didn’t choose her path, it chose her.
    She carried the light for others so that they, too, could find their strength.
    She was brave, courageous and strong for herself and all the others in her life that needed her to be.
    She was and would always be a warrior..
    And as she always did,
    she smiled and kept going.
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,573
    That’s lovely @arpie 🌸. I feel so sad about Wendy 😢. I hope she’s in a happy place now 🤍. 
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,438
    Beautiful words @arpie
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,421
    As with @gumnut, I am not a big fan of symbols - they matter immensely to some and irritate others. It is always sad when someone we 'knew', if only through this important link, dies. I don't think a symbol measures care. Thank you for the information. 
  • Cath62
    I don't think symbols are a sign of a measure of care but rather a measure of respect and as someone with mets, I would like that respect.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,466
    @Cath62 Me Too
  • Cath62
    I think people with mets who pass away deserve to be honoured with a little something. We are only now just being counted in Australia and that was a long time coming too. It is just a little something to acknowledge the extremely difficult time we have endured. Being diagnosed with breast cancer is one thing but mets is next level.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,466
    @Cath62 Having mets makes you much more aware of significant symbols and what they mean personally.
  • arpie