Anxiety Plus

Options
13»

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,627
    Options
    Sorry to hear that @CeeCee ..... It is probably more fluid buildup - tho you say it is 'hard'?  Did the previous Seroma feel 'hard' before the surgeon drained it?   It does come back sometimes.   

Hmmm - shouldn't the Breast Care Nurse be available from tomorrow?  Can you just message her with what you've told us & see if she gets back to you.

I reckon you should ring the surgeon's office first thing tomorrow morning & see if you can see him earlier - cos you'll just be worrying about it anyway :(  .....  

take care & all the best - I hope it is dealt with sooner than later xx
  • CeeCee
    CeeCee Member Posts: 21
    Options
    @arpie, thanks for that. 
    I didn’t feel any hard spots before.
    I will do those things tomorrow xo
  • Paris_24
    Paris_24 Member Posts: 15
    Options
    @CeeCee not sure if this is the same area hard spot for you, something I learnt recently is that the drain site starts to heal quickly within days and can create a virtual tube, once the drain is removed  which might feel like a lump, you can massage this area softly. 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,386
    Options
    It’s possibly a seroma - an accumulation of nutrient rich fluid, your body is trying to help (like fluid in a blister) but it may be a bit of overkill. If it is a seroma, the preference is always for it to dissipate naturally. I’d double check with your nurse when you can, but with no pain or inflammation it should be OK till you see your surgeon. Seromas after surgery are not unusual, and most dissipate in a reasonable amount of time. Best wishes. 
  • CeeCee
    Options
    Thanks for the information, appreciate it xo.
  • CeeCee
    Options
    An update. I have developed cording which is in the arm pit and slightly down the arm. I have been massaging it frequently and booked into a physio but can’t get in for a week. I have looked up cording on this sight but it is old discussions. Does anyone have any great exercises or ideas for the added extra that we don’t need.
    im booked in for a pet scan and heart check next week, then start 6 months of Chemo the following week, 10 weeks after surgery which seems late to me but I guess I’ve got to trust the Oncologist. I’m having 4 rounds of 3 weekly AC and 12 weekly rounds of Paclitaxel which is more than I’d hoped for but once again I’m not the expert. I’ve just been researching these drugs and not liking what I’m reading but very aware that everyone is different and that anxiety can cause side effects in the early days until you get used to how your body is going to react.
    This journey is so not fair and to develop extras like cording can be very debilitating to your mental health but as we all know, we either fight or not and we’ve all got stuff to live for.
    Im a bit down at the moment as my mums funeral was 3 days ago, I’ve had my 3 sons home from interstate for the funeral and they’ve all gone home today. My dad has a broken heart and had many falls after mum dying which resulted in a massive bleed to the brain and emergency surgery, he is on the mend. Sometimes it just seems too much but I know tomorrow will be better. 
    Happy Mother’s Day to all 🌹
  • D63
    D63 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Dear @CeeCee, you must especially miss your mum at a time when you need her most. I would love to be able to have a hug from my lovely mum and let her shoulder my worries for a little while. I just try to remember her placid, gentle ways and imagine what she would say to me. It seems to help a bit. Sending you best wishes for strength at a very challenging time. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,627
    Options
    I am So sorry to hear of your Mums passing and your Dad's falls & surgery  @CeeCeexx   Specially today. :(   Sending your a big hug xx

When you did the search on Cording - did you click on 'Newest' for the results?  For some SILLY reason, it show OLDER posts first, when it SHOULD ALWAYS show 'newest' first!!  @Mez_BCNA - can this be addressed, please?

.... There actually have been some discussions more recently here - specially @MrsMorrisey who had some laser done on hers?  She may be able to enlighten us more on that treatment?
    https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/search?domain=all_content&query=cording&sort=-dateInserted&scope=site&source=community

take care & all the best xx