The “journey” begins.

Options

Comments

• JenD
    JenD Member Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi, sounds like you are very fortunate for such quick action.   So far from tumor diagnosis at breastscreensa on 22/12 with idc grade 3, er and p + and her-neg,  I went straight to dr for referal.   First appt at clinic jan 10 (mammagram done which ruled out to only 1 side tumor and calcification).  Jan 15 ct scan, blood tests and bonescan, and then a 9 day wait till next appt for results on 24th jan..in 2 days time.    Xmas is hard to find out bc news and Im just trying not to let my imagination totally trip out while I wait.  Thanks for sharing your journey so far.  The anxiety of unknown is very challenging, so reading and knowing there are lots of others feeling this way is calming me a little.   
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,622
    Options
    Sorry to see you join our select little group, @JenD .... If you copy your comment & put it into 'Newly Diagnosed' ..... you'll get more specific replies to your thread & it can 'sort of' be a diary of your treatment from now to the end of 'active treatment' .... just adding comments (like your results & game plan) as & when you receive them along the journey.  xx

You've had all the tests done, good luck with your results - make sure you have someone with you at all your early meetings, and also consider recording them on your phone, for later reference.  It is very difficult to recall ALL that is discussed in the meetings, even if you take notes at the same time xx

Take care
  • MrsMorrisey
    MrsMorrisey Member Posts: 78
    Options
    Oh my goodness. My appt has been brought forward from 5th Feb to tomorrow!!!

Keen but not keen. 😱
  • cactusk
    cactusk Member Posts: 57
    Options
    @MrsMorrisey It will be good to hear the results of your pathology and the proposed path for treatment. I know for me at least, once I was aware of what the next steps were, I could start to plan and prepare myself. Do you have someone to go with you to the appointment? My best friend came and took notes for me, that way I made sure I didn't miss anything. Hopefully you'll meet or be assigned a breast cancer nurse soon too - so far they've been very helpful at answering questions I forgot about or only thought about afterwards. 
    Best of best of wishes for tomorrow - do let us know how you go (when you feel ok with it of course)
    Kelly
  • MrsMorrisey
    Options
    I certainly will. I have my friend coming with me. 
    My husband is not the best for these things, he’s a hands on man not a listening to results man. 
    I’m so surprised everything is happening so quickly. I was quite enjoying this time after surgery cos I didn’t have to think. 
    At least the surgeon can take my dressing off instead of me. 
    It’s going to be good news. 🙏🙏
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,554
    Options
    Best wishes for your results tomorrow @MrsMorrisey
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,554
    Options
    Understand your breast cancer pathology report (bcna.org.au)

The link above, if you haven't seen it already, will help to understand your pathology results as a result of your recent surgery

Take care
  • arpie
    Options
    All the best for tomorrow, @MrsMorrisey .... make sure you ask for paper copies of your pathology & ALL reports (and that they are sent to your GP too.)   

Mine was brought forward too, and it was great!  Less waiting & worrying!  ;) 

take care
  • arpie
    Options
    Oh FUDGE @MrsMorrisey!!   That is not what you wanted to hear xx ..... Sadly, it does happen to quite a few members xx.  Take lots of Deep Breaths, pull on the 'big girl pants' xx.  If this is what is needed to get the sucker out .... you do have to roll with it xx

Did they give you a copy of your pathology?  It should give your grade & stage & other info ....

I was lucky & didn't need extra surgery, tho one of my margins was 'only just' clear .... 

take care, thinking of you xx
  • nicmaree
    nicmaree Member Posts: 25
    Options
    @MrsMorrisey, sorry to hear this news. Try and keep a positive mindset . My go to is walking, music and fresh air  
    Get in to see your onc asap . Take a friend . Ask lots of questions. Sending hugs. Xx 
  • MrsMorrisey
    Options
    I’m really angry now. Not sure why. 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,383
    Options
    @MrsMorrisey

Have a bit of a vent - we all hope to act like reasonable rational people and sometimes you just don’t want to do that any more! There’s no problem in letting it out of your system, reasonable and rational can wait till tomorrow. Your team are doing their best, as @arpie says this situation is not uncommon. Keep all the other thoughts till your next discussion. Although remembering how angry you feel at not getting rid of the cancer in one shot may help you consider what treatment you are willing to do to achieve that end. Best wishes. 

• MrsMorrisey
    Options
    I’m so having  a vent. 
    I’m so sick of people telling me to be positive. 
    All I do is say it’ll be ok, everything will be fine. Well I kinda feel like it’s not fine. 
    And I know my situation is better than others but it’s mine and it sucks. 
    If I have one more person tell me you want to limit the amount of drugs you put in your body I’ll scream. 
    I’m the last person who wants to take all the drugs so by telling me “oh you don’t want chemo.” 
    No shit, neither do I!!!
    I just had a vent at my family and now I feel  like I need to make them better. 
    I understand my husband is going through this but it’s my body. Would be nice if he said something comforting. 
    So over it all. 
  • MrsMorrisey
    Options

I need to stay away from my husband cos I’m gonna start a fight.