All the Melbourne ladies & visitors .........'Party time " ??

Options

Comments

• Amanda_StKilda
    Amanda_StKilda Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you x
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,375
    Options
    Hi @Amanda_StKilda Not many of us have met but are all keen to. Come on along and bring your warped humour, it will be in good company
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Yes @Amanda_StKilda you are definitely welcome & we'd love to meet you .
    This is still in the planning but i'll have more info soon . 
  • tigerbeth
    Options
    ok ladies here are some dates for lunch/drinks/dinner to consider  , obviously I will do my best to accommodate most people but as most months were ruled out for 1 reason or another picking 1 day will prove difficult !!!
    so.... here we go -
    22/3 ,23/3 ,24/3 ,29/3, 30/3, 31/3

2/4 , 3/4,  4/4 , 5/4 , 7/4,  8/4 11/4 12/4 14/4
    Unsure where just yet but happy to hear suggestions 
    Let me know what you think please 

A weekend event i'm thinking about 11th 12th 13th October I have emailed the Otis foundation but had no reply yet , there is only one retreat that would accommodate more than 6 people .This would involve costs that everyone would have to share if its at all possible . Anyhoo there's lots of time to work that out .

Cheers Beth x

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,371
    Options
    I can do nearly all of those dates - Saturday lunchtime and Tuesday evenings aren't the best for me, but not critical. Dozens of potential places - happy to suggest some if we have a better idea of what suits most, especially those traveling farthest.  Many thanks!
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    Hi Beth, All are good for me I think. My daughter leaves for Micronesia for two years sometime in early April but we don’t have a date yet. Besides, if we end up doing lunch and dinner I could still make it to a least one.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Last weekend in March good for me, and 3/4, 5/4, 6/4 and 14/4. K xox

PS Let's brainstorm on Tuesday @tigerbeth!
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @tigerbeth
    I will definitely come for the October weekend ( whatever the dates) and sharing costs is more than agreeable. 

October is a good month for me. No appointments or plans (well there is now).

And the best bit - I can escape town for cooler climes during the "buildup" when I go even more eccentric and "troppo".

Yay.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    edited February 2019
    Options
    If this becomes a real thing and a weekend date in October could be decided, I'll bet that BCNA gets corporate hotel rates and we might be able to piggy back on them. Which can be a huge discount on retail. That, if its a possibility, could work for a bulk accommodation booking if everyone prepays. Just a thought, but metro is probably easier for pretty much everyone as travellers can use public transport which is not so available outside the city.
    Best not to start nagging them about that just yet, so please don't tag the mods asking them if we can do it. They do read everything anyway.  Mxx
  • tigerbeth
    Options
    Yay @Annie C glad that date works for you , i'm going away in August & Sept doesn't work .
    @Afraser your suggestions will be welcome @Blossom1961 hope it works for you 
    @kmakm sounds like a plan 

• Blossom1961
    Options
    October is good
  • Hendrix
    Hendrix Member Posts: 324
    Options
    This is a great place in the city 
    http://arbory.com.au/
  • Hendrix
    Hendrix Member Posts: 324
    Options
    Duke of Wellington is another great place...with a roof top bar 
    https://dukeofwellington.com.au/
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    23/3 is NSW Election day so it might stop some from coming to enjoy .... 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Sounds good!