All the Melbourne ladies & visitors .........'Party time " ??

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    Hi @tigerbeth. Looks like you have your work cut out just choosing a date! Maybe select a couple dates and go from there. Are you looking at a venue, a park setting or crashing someone’s house?
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Hello @Blossom1961
    After coming from afar I don't think an hour out of Melbourne would worry me. 

An hour does not even get me to Broome  airport. Somewhere around Willare Roadhouse on the banks of the Fitzroy River.

However I found a lovely hotel in Melbourne when I came for the Plan B Conference in August last year. Had every thing I needed. I will probabably stay there again.

I like the idea of a weekend and likewise I will reschedule anything for this party.

And what's more - another depletion in my ungrateful sons' inheritance!

May I suggest that we extend the invitation to the wonderful moderators of BCNA?

• Blossom1961
    @Annie C If you change your mind, I love to have visitors.
  • Annie C
    @Blossom1961
    How lovely of you to offer. Because of my breathing difficulties (COPD which I flatly refuse to give in to) I tend to cough a lot, especially at night and so I am very conscious of disturbing others.

Don't worry I won't 'cark' it on anyone, would not give my selfish sons the pleasure!

Between not sleeping and coughing my nights are v e r y interesting.

However I would love to spend a day with you. Perhaps we can organise something as I intend to spend a week in Melbourne.
  • Blossom1961
    @Annie C It’s a date! It will be nice to meet someone that we are going to visit on our next trip around the country. 😁 Not sure when THAT will be but it is nice to think and dream about.
  • Annie C
    @Blossom1961
    If we didn't have dreams where would we be? 

I just hope that you are not expecting some little old granny. 

Old  - yes
    Little - no
    Granny - no
    A little eccentric  - well the Kimberley does that to you.
    Politically correct - definitely not, see comment on the   
                                      Kimberley.
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Well girls looks like this thing is taking off !!
    Dont mind a weekend thing either , will give it some more thought 
    All suggestions welcome ! 
    I have a spare queen bed too if anyone needs a room ,happy to accommodate someone.
    & @Annie C is definitely not  a granny !!

• Blossom1961
    Oh dear @Annie C I actually wasn’t expecting anything except a wonderful forum sister. We are going to have such fun. Watch out Melbourne! A bunch of non politically correct, say it as you think it, brain addled persons are about to hit the streets. No one is exempt.
  • Joannie
    Joannie Member Posts: 7
    @tigerbeth just a thought for your get together.  I know of a support group that booked an Otis weekend for their group.  Worth a thought???  All the best with the planning.  Take care and thank you so much for all your support you gave me last year when I needed it. xx
  • tigerbeth
    Thanks for the suggestion @Joannie I'll keep it in mind .
    My pleasure hope you're doing ok xx
  • Artferret
    Artferret Member Posts: 259
    How about you pick around 5 dates and see where that takes us? I'm pretty available up until the ski season, weekday or weekend.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    I would have to be a weekend but I would be keen if dates work. 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    We might have to organise a Sydney event too. 
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Would need a weekend for me as work takes up the rest of the week oh that and drs appointments
  • tigerbeth
    Here's what i'm thinking - having a function fairly soon that involves lunch and or dinner 
    then
    Another one much later in the year  ,maybe a weekend event that would allow 1. more time to plan the event 2. Allow the interstate ladies who would like to come to have plenty of time to organize themselves.
    Thoughts ??