Hair today...

Options

Comments

• kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Options
    Yep with you @kmakm got the curls coming big time.  Not sure what to think about them yet  or how long they will stay then again maybe I'll just to go with the number 2 cut.   Damn sick of people rubbing my head though. Haha  but if that's all I have to worry about then it's all good. xo
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    My hair is so ridiculously curly post chemo!!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @kitkatb I love them! I want to keep growing my hair to see what happens. But I want to keep it short... A challenge for my hairdresser!

Who on earth is rubbing your head? Shall I come and deck them for you?!
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Haha   @kmakm  I had to go to  work the other day to see about starting slowly back in March and caught up with workmates just about everyone rubbed my friggin head, even grocery shopping in Woollies.  I think because I came back totally white which was such a total change and because of the curls everywhere. Might take you up on the offer if it keeps going though.  xo
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,375
    Options
    My baby girl (31 yrs) keeps rubbing her hand through my hair to see how high it can stand up. She wants to give me a Mohawk with gel before she leaves for Micronesia in April. No doubt she wants to colour it too then take a picture to show her new work colleagues what a weird mother she has! I could shave it before then but she likes to draw on my head so for her, it is a win win.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    My girls (12 & 13) love to rub my hair and tell me how soft it is.
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Sister Jealous! My chemo hair is wiry & weird still. Plus no one strokes my head...
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
     :( 
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,375
    Options
    Oh K, next time we catch up I will stroke your head for you. After all, everyone who sees us thinks we are a couple anyway. 😘
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,578
    Options
    :(  Bummer @kmakm ... Keith’s ‘looked” wirey, but was as soft as baby’s hair.  

I kept rubbing it too!
  • kmakm
    Options
    Thanks ladies but c'est la vie.  :*
  • LIttleBlueWren
    LIttleBlueWren Member Posts: 88
    Options
    I'm booked for my first cut and colour next Thursday (19 weeks post chemo) and I am soooo excited. I hope I come out looking as if my hairstyle is a choice rather than regrowth.  I might be able to start circulating with people I have kept in the dark about this.

Just a note though, my hairdresser said that with Paclitaxel, blonde dye can throw a green tinge so I am going brown (naturally brown anyway) and will wait a few more months for the blonde pixie cut that I promised myself.

I spend way too much time on pinterest looking at short haircuts. I have always been long-haired but love the short hair now.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Hi @LIttleBlueWren,

I never had a problem with blonde after Paclitaxel.  No one ever suggested I would,

@kmakm ,
    It still comes back curly even with the cold cap.  I liked to call this my chinese chicken look. He he.

• kmakm
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @kezmusc That is a funny look fo sho!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    I’m getting my hair cut again tomorrow and I’m gonna make her cut it really short pixie - she didn’t cut it short enough last time. Words I never though I would utter!!