Hair today...

SisterSister Adelaide Hills, SAMember Posts: 3,300
edited January 11 in Health and wellbeing
I got my first post-chemo haircut yesterday (as opposed to the No. 1 I gave myself).  I hadn't seen my lovely hairdresser since before this shit began.  I didn't want to tell her what was going on over the phone as she has lost too many close family members over the last couple of years to various cancers.  But she knew as soon as she saw me yesterday that I had had chemo.  There still wasn't enough hair for her to do a lot but now it looks like I've got a short cut rather than being pulled through a hedge backwards.  And she was so nice - even though it took her the better part of an hour, she refused payment.  
Tagged:

Comments

• kmakmkmakm MelbourneMember Posts: 5,760
    Oh that is so lovely of her! Do you feel better for it? K xox
  • arpiearpie Mid North Coast, NSWMember Posts: 1,830
    How wonderful of her - and how nice for you, having it long enough to have a cut xx  Do we get a pic?
  • DoodooDoodoo Member Posts: 256
    So beautiful of her. Can’t wait for my first cut 😊
  • SisterSister Adelaide Hills, SAMember Posts: 3,300
    I do feel better for it - the mullet I was growing could have competed at the SummerNats.  
  • Patti JPatti J Member Posts: 309
    Or the Kurri Kurri N.S.W. mullet festival! 😁
  • SisterSister Adelaide Hills, SAMember Posts: 3,300
    Sadly, my competitive days are over before they even began.
  • Kiwi AngelKiwi Angel Sydney, NSWMember Posts: 1,635
    @Sister nothing like the first post chemo haircut - it’s nice to have a little normality and pampering return xo
  • SarnicadSarnicad MelbourneMember Posts: 247
    @Sister that is so lovely by your hairdresser. Amazing how much better you feel when the hair is a bit tidy
  • Josephine66Josephine66 Sunshine CoastMember Posts: 73
    I'm booked in for my first post chemo haircut later this month. Didn't want to cut any but the teenage boy hair do is not working for me. Hate it short but looking forward to having some style.
  • TrussyTrussy Member Posts: 10
    I look forward to this day, how long after chemo? I've had my 4th Taxol now i was wondering how long after it starts to grow..?
  • Blossom1961Blossom1961 Geelong, VicMember Posts: 396
    Mine started growing after my seventh taxol but it can be either side of that. I am now eleven weeks post chemo and have the look of a ‘boy’ cut.
  • Shellshocked2018_Shellshocked2018_ Fleurieu Peninsula , SAMember Posts: 89
    Oh sister that’s just so awesome. Enjoy more pampering as time goes on...😘