Nothing worked

Options

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    @kitkatb The concoction looks like poo, has the texture of glug but it is edible. I will let you know how I go. How often and how many times before you saw results?

• kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Options
    @Blossom1961 we only used to give it to them at breakfast as many hated it and also because so many of them are very frail and eat little anyway it worked quite quickly. They usually had a small bowl of it.  I reckon try it a couple of times a day. Let us know how you go.  Good luck.  
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    Blossom do you have some epsom salts ... can you get in the Bath 2 cups of Epsom salt in a warm bath and sit in it for 20mins at least your body will absorb it via the skin 
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    @arpie @kitkatb @SoldierCrab I have just done all that you suggested. Now let's see if the shuttle is going to land! I would love to have a night without the pain.
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Options
    It must be terrible for you but here's hoping for touch down.   Hope you didn't have too much pain last night.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    So glad things are moving. Keep up the treatment as the painkillers post surgery and the anaesthetic will heighten your risk again. I weirdly found nuts were beneficial also as they were hard fibre. (Dried fruit and nuts perfect combo) For hospital you could take nulax....which is  dried fruit block you can pull off and chew. 

I took movichol pre chemo and kept it up in the first few days. The secret was starting prior for me. I know you tried it all without success.

Here is to smooth sailing for you now. X
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options

Well, that would be a weight off your mind :) Excellent news.

As Kath has suggested, keep doing what ever you are doing for the next couple of days as there is nothing like a hospital stay with a steady diet of pain relief to seize you solid. If you can maintain momentum life may be a bit more comfortable. Good luck for Tuesday and wishing you another couple of substantial dumps in the meantime. Mxx

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,586
    Options
    All the best for your surgery, @Blossom1961 - don't forget the earplugs, eye masks, 'small arm pillow', a book of short stories (or magazines) and some treats to nibble on that you enjoy .... some people take their own TBags in  ;)    xx

I hope you don't end up in that situation again tho - it is incredibly painful and downright uncomfortable!!  Keep taking your dried fruit (of which prunes is just one!) or anything else that you think helped - to keep the motions softer & easier to pass!

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Yep...don't get complacent.  I came home from second surgery, after taking everything the hospital could give me, and thought I was going to die from bunged up plumbing...more painful than the first after childbirth!
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    Hmph. Back to square one. Grrrr. Not happy. I am doing everything I possibly can without results. Surgery is still on for tomorrow. Dr doesn't care if I am in too much pain. They say they will deal with it later! In the meantime I will continue with what you ladies suggested as it worked once.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Are you on sennekot? That actually stimulates the bowel not just soften the bricks so to speak.  
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Good luck today @Blossom1961 Let us know how you feel when you get to the other side--probably better than you expected to, from personal experience. Marg XX
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    @Blossom1961 hope all goes well for you today 

Thinking of you xx