Anniversary

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    What a horrible experience @arpie.

I was definitely in the run up to menopause and had taken some months at the beginning of last year to adjust to what was coming. I felt a bit confronted but I adjusted and was at peace with it. I really wanted to do it naturally and ease into it. Do it as elegantly as possible. Instead it was with cancer, stress, chemotherapy and Letrozole...

Oh well. That ship has sailed. It's just another item on the list of sadnesses that BC brought me. I'll live. I hope!
  • kmakm
    @Blossom1961 Yes, that accords with what my psychologist said. She said when a traumatic event happens, recalling it causes our nervous system to recall the physical sensations we had at the time. It can be quite distressing.

I'm a big fan of a big hug. Right back at ya! K xox
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    @kmakm,  Isn't it weird how our body's can just take over and we have zeor control over it.  The day I got that call back from the last scan, as soon as I saw the phone number appear on my screen, even before I answered it, my heart started pounding, everything started shaking, damn near peed my pants!  Seriously.
    Nothing elegant at all  about chemo induced menopause is there?  More like a big hot sweaty slap in the face I do believe. 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    I am going to share with those of you who use alternative meds....
    I have used prior to Cancer body Harmony (bit like reiki) and I use kinesiology to help with those things..... 
    I had a fear of flying flew to Australia as a 10 year not good experience vomited from London to Perth.... since then I was also reactive to any flights .... my massage therapist who practices body harmony suggested we do a session after I had to fly to Melbourne (2002) and got really anxious, unwell. I said why not ..... I had a session as part of my massage ... week later flew to Perth and slept peacefully through the trip. Now have no issue with flying. 

since joining the roller coaster ride my kinesiologist has done balance regarding the trauma of surgery/chemo/rads and I can now visit those places without the stressors of negative recollections. 

Just wanted to share 
    Soldiercrab

• kmakm
    Fascinating @SoldierCrab. Whether it's a 'genuine' cure or the effect of simply having taken action is a moot point. It worked.

I had reiki when I was in labour with my second child. I didn't know it was happening until after a couple of hours I said to the midwife, whatever you're doing don't stop. Extraordinary stuff.
  • kmakm
    @kezmusc A hot sweaty slap in the face that's knocked me onto the ground and is sitting on me...
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Sounds like the beginning of a new career direction @kezmusc

As some of you know, I have struggled through this whole process feeling like I am sitting with the shadow of my sister as many of the places I've been for treatment and tests are the same as the ones she went to many years ago.
  • Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    @Sister My friend, you definitely need a big VIRTUAL HUG! You poor thing. You must be feeling all kinds of emotions at the moment especially as you are only a week from your anniversary mammo. I'm sure your beautiful sister is looking down on you & holding your hand through all of this & giving you her love & strength. I am so close to my sister & I couldn't imagine losing her to this disease as she has been my rock through all of this so I bet you are feeling overwhelmed & scared. Try to take the strength from all of us here as i will definitely be sending you hugs & prayers next Monday. No-one can change the past but we can try & draw on the strength & love of others, past & present, to get us through lifes ups & downs. This week will be long but be kind to yourself, relax with some pampering, long walks, meditation & sharing a coffee & a laugh with some friends. I will be willing you on & I know you will fight on like you have all year. Stay strong & know your friends here will be thinking of you. Your sister would be so proud of you & the beautiful, strong women you are. Love, hugs & prayers xxxx
  • Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    @ arpie Thinking of you & wishing you lots of love, hugs & support as you have your first anniversary mammo tomorrow. Think positive & please let us know how you get on. There are a few of us due to head in for the test in the next month or so but we will think good thoughts & focus on how far we have come. take care. xx
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Many Thanks for you thoughts & wishes @Anne65 - I have a uke buddy going with me for backup.  Weirdly tho - I've been getting those 'stabbing pains' that you get thru radiation happening in the last few days, & it is a bit tender again!    Can Seromas come back??   All will be revealed tomorrow I guess - they were really wonderful at the last checkup - actually pulling me over to check out the images on the screen, to explain them to me fully.  That's why I go back to Port Mac, Hermitage Radiology!  Tho I won't know the results til next week sometime!  

My thoughts are with everyone going thru their anniversary tests just now!  All the best xxxx

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    It could also be some nerves reknitting themselves @arpie
     was about 1 yr from surgery when I got that happening. 

• kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    All the best @arpie,  

Fingers and toes crossed for you. xo