What book are you reading?

Options

Comments

• FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,537
    Options
    @Cath62 Dr Gabor Matte also does talks and seminars, and you can watch a few of these online. He has a website and all the links are listed there. There’s one that’s about 40 mins, especially on the extremely important mind and body connection. Brilliant stuff. Give it a go while you’re waiting for the book. He always uses real case examples and makes it very easy to understand. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,592
    Options
    I must get that book out of the library, @Cath62 - what an amazing man.  I saw him interviewed on TV a couple of times.  He only passed away late last year .... Here's a TEDX video of him:
    https://www.ted.com/talks/eddie_jaku_a_holocaust_survivor_s_blueprint_for_happiness/transcript?language=en

I am currently reading a book - about Prince Andrew and Epstein & the Palace - Andrew had Epstein & girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell at numerous palaces MANY times over 20 years, meeting the queen and even attending family functions! ..... Talk about total CREEPS - BOTH of them.   It is a fascinating read tho - and gives a lot of insight into just how 'entitled' he thinks he is as 'the golden son' ... totally spoiled from birth and still thinks that  'I Am Royal' - so I can get away with anything .... something he has now learned he can't ..... 

@Julez1958 - the Beetoota-isms would be hilarious!  I see them come thru on my FB feed now & then!  Not unlike the NT (Northern Territory) News Book, if you want another funny read ... they have the FUNNIEST headings EVER! (One was: 'Why I stuck a cracker up my clacker')
    https://www.ntnews.com.au/news/northern-territory/the-nt-news-most-talked-about-front-pages/image-gallery/14c34390b2dd6b44f3998a7ccd289f03

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    Options
    Hi @Cath62 - I am certainly with you on the stress causing the BC.  I had 8 months of stress prior to mine.  It is becoming probable that the same stress is the starter for hubby's 'dementia' issues - this is a new thought so more on that when we have some answers.
    The book was recommended to me by another member so I asked the library to order it in and they did - they must have thought that it will be popular.
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    Options
    I was under so much stress that when I was diagnosed with BC it almost came as a relief, because I finally took leave from a toxic work environment.  I never realized how bad my work situation was until I wasn't there. 
  • Fernweh
    Fernweh Member Posts: 65
    Options
    The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

My new favourite book.. 📖
  • arpie
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Wasn't that movie just on a week ago, @Fernweh

SBS, I think?  I watched it last year.  It was Really good - tho no doubt the book was better!! 
  • Fernweh
    Fernweh Member Posts: 65
    Options
    @arpie I didn’t know they made a movie. I will need to check it out once I am done with the book :)
  • June1952
    Options
    @Fernweh, we saw the movie at the theatre a few years ago.  Can probably get it on DVD at your local library.
  • noosa_blue150
    noosa_blue150 Member Posts: 211
    edited January 2022
    Options
    This much is true -Miriam margoyles autobiography. I’ve almost finished it , many funny anecdotes and reflections on her life as a,Jewish lesbian , now Australian citizen . As you’d expect she doesn’t hold back in her comments so if you’re offended by very direct sexual,references you may wish to pass . She’s very direct on all things .
  • arpie
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I can only imagine, @noosa_blue150!!  She is a REAL CHARACTER!

OMG ... her USA trip  I seriously thought she was going to get thumped, with some of the questions she asked there!!!  I must check out the Scottish one!

• noosa_blue150
    noosa_blue150 Member Posts: 211
    Options
    Yes loved her usa tour, and the one around Oz. She’s on abc at the moment doing a tour of,Scotland with Alan Cummings. Worth watching as they’re visiting places from their past 
  • June1952
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I read of this book, probably on this BCNA site, and asked the library to purchase it - they did !
    It is a well-written and easy-to-read book full of common sense advice and information.
    The author does give the 'true' and 'false' of many statements we have heard over the years.
    Well worth the read.

• Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,127
    Options
    Thanks @June1952
    I will see if my library has it or can get it in.
    I have just finished reading “The premonition” by Michael Lewis about the pandemic.
    Extremely readable!
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,127
    Options
    Hi all
    I have read lots of books in the last 12 months and as there are many newbies on here thought I’d kick off this thread again.
    I just finished the novel “ Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow” and it was really good.
    Also found “ The girl who fell from the sky” inspiring .
  • HelenlovesSnoopy
    HelenlovesSnoopy Member Posts: 94
    Options
    I recently discovered Anne Tyler - slightly on the literary and understated side but I find her very readable. She has about 30 books to work through. Just waiting on my world of books order so I can focus on reading while the nurse pops my canula in!