Night Howls

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    edited July 2018
    Dropped a lump of firewood on it at about  2 the other morning. There was some night howling going on then I can tell you! That will teach me to try to carry too many bits, it might also teach me not to do it barefoot. 
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 942
    @Zoffiel....Eina Ouch Owwwwiee...whatever, that looks sore. I know you're not a hug type, but I could send you an alpaca / wool hat with a hug worked in with it. xoxo
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    I am happy to take this on and get them made. Price would cover the cost & postage plus $5 or $10 for the BCNA? Whaddya reckon? We just need the artists to step up with a gorgeous line drawing or two. I can't draw for quids!
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Happy to help you with anything Kate but I can't draw either !!
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Oooh, a head hug! That would be a bit different,  sort of like a headlock which is probably more my style @AllyJay
  • kmakm
    OK @tigerbeth, we'll pack and dispatch together! Let's keep workshopping the picture & text until we're all happy and then find an artist. Project!!
  • kmakm
    @Zoffiel I have had my head hugged by @AllyJay's work all winter and I can testify as to its efficacy and beauty!
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @JJ70
    Yep got plenty of franjipanis in a variety of colours. Love them but they are pretty common. Am totally surprised at the cost of big ones in Perth. Might have to dig some out and flog them in Perth. A good way of funding my clinic visits. 1 frangipani equals 1 clinic visit. 

I agree with you about Kununurra. I don't like Broome. Most Derbyites don't. Broome has lost its soul. We only go to Broome when we have nothing better to do!  Unfortunately I equate Broome with having to fly to Perth for treatment or followup care. So for me there are some very unpleasant memories associated with the place.

Love the creative juices flowing regarding the t-shirts. Love the idea of the dingo seeing that a pack of dingoes start howling near here at about 3 am! 

Take care all

Annie
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    edited July 2018
    I know a brilliant artist who has been touched by BC. He's a bit on the quirky side and may not be interested if he's got too much going on, but could get in touch with him.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    @InkPetal
    these ladies might need your help .... 

• Sister
    @kmakm Choice of short or long? Or is that wishful thinking? So, the youngsters with good figures and the old farts like me have a choice.  A message that can be worn by those who support us as well as those who have BC.
  • kmakm
    edited July 2018
    @Sister I think these days there are reasonably priced options for short run t-shirt production. I'll do some research and let you know. If it's not prohibitive why not have a choice? Otherwise mid-length for the compromise.

And yes, put out a call to artist mates who might assist!
  • Sister
    It"s been such a long time since I did anything to do with promo material...  I'll suss out my artist friend if there's no objections.  And we possibly need admin approval if we're going to mention bcna.  I'd be really keen for any funds raised to go somehow towards the issues that have led to this discussion group - fear, trauma, side effects, getting on with life after a BC diagnosis.
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 942
    Just a thought, make 100% sure there is no copyright on "Night Howlers". I remember that the movie Zootopia, featured Nighthowlers as an integral part of the movie. Disney would probably make a fuss.
  • Sister
    @zoffiel - how's the foot going?