Night Howls

Options

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Flaneuse u poor thing - sounds like a miserable night. I finally managed to get some sleep - first time this week!!

@JJ70 would be perfect. Going home on time isn’t always an option but I did manage to have a lunch break yesterday - winning!!  The boss said she is happy for other nurses to work longer hours and one nurse yesterday said she can come in earlier and stay later and wants me to delegate more stuff to her. Probably why I did manage to get some sleep last night. At least today is my Friday!
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Options
    @Flaneuse I can relate on the picking up a book and then 30 seconds in abandoning it. So many books I thought i wanted to read I’m now looking at going why did I buy this!  This is a shame as I use reading to relax before bed
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I'm still not convinced by many of these "worthy" reads - so many of them are just bloody tedious.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,608
    Options
    @JJ70 - that's a brilliant poster!!   I always used to arrive early, leave late, ate lunch at my desk whilst continuing working and always had unrealistic timelines!!  I DID take my holidays tho!   ;)  

@Flaneuse - oh gosh, you've been thru the mill just now & need a BIG HUG!! xxx  All the best for that spot checkup today ...  Enjoy your anniversary with good friends who've supported you xxxx

• Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    Thank you so much for your virtual hugs, everyone. @Kiwi Angel - glad you had a good sleep. Small steps of improvement with your work situation. @Sarnicad I rarely buy books any more. I order them from the library and if they haven't already got what I want I ask them to buy it and mostly they do. I pay 80c per book on Hold fees but what the heck. @Sister - yes, I think I've now had all the MBP short-list and the winner was excellent and one other was very interesting but the rest were either disappointing or just too bleak for my current state of mind. @arpie thanks for the hug; my friends have responded that they'll help me ring in a better year. Just had some dark chocolate with my morning coffee. Bugger the diet for today.
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @Flaneuse - yes mammography is imperfect but it still remains the best tool we have a screening mechanism. It is not accurate to say that lobular BC does not show up on mammography. It can and does. I have a good friend that went for her first BreastScreen at 50 and that picked up her lobular tumour of  3cm. Harder to find, yes. Easier to miss, yes. Definitely agree with your 3D mammography - Tomosynthesis comment - much better and accurate pictures. This will roll out eventually to BreastScreen and they do have them in their assessment centres. Ultrasound important for breast density issues too. The nation must come on board with WA's policy of breast density notification. Funny how one person can make a difference in each state (our Medical Director of BSWA, Liz Wylie made this call)
  • JJ70
    Options
    I've read so many god books lately, after reading a string of mah ones. Anyone need some recommendations?
  • JJ70
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel...I'm liking your advancements to de-stress at work. Nice job! ;)
  • Flaneuse
    Options
    Hi @JJ70 I was going by what they said at my clinic. Your friend with the 3 cm lobular was very fortunate. And you're doing amazing things in the west; I hope it spreads.
  • Sister
    Options
    I was also very fortunate - barely there in the mammogram but luckily picked up.
  • Flaneuse
    Options
    I'd had my regular mammogram 11 months before: all clear. Nine months later developed inverted nipple and swelling. On day of diagnosis, still nothing on mammogram or tomo. Took sonographer and two radiologists 1.5 hours to find it. 15 biopsies. Results suggested 8-9 cm. Ended up being 12 cm. My daughter and nieces are now going to always have mammograms and ultrasounds together. Fortunately, they can afford to do so. Not everyone can.
  • Sister
    Options
    I was also very fortunate - barely there in the mammogram but luckily picked up.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @Flaneuse Ah F you are having a horrible time of it, I'm so sorry.

I started the above at 0511 this morning but the day got away from me. You've been on my mind. I hope tonight is a lot better. K xox