diagnosed with breast cancer and pregnant

Options
System
System Posts: 63
edited April 2018 in Newly diagnosed
This discussion was created from comments split from: Newly Diagnosed.

Comments

• Renny2819
    Renny2819 Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is renny 34 weeks pregnant was diagnosed with breast cancer months ago. I had lumpectomy two weeks ago and am back at the hospital to have mastectomy. Am dying inside.
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Virtual hugs and best wishes - what an extremely crappy situation. Hope you have support arround you. Have you talked to the BCNA hotline. I know you will get support and info from here on the network @Zoffiel, @Fraser @SoldierCrab @onemargie and all the other beautiful women. (I am terrible with words)
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi @Renny2819. Well that sucks big time eh. I'm very sorry that you've found yourself in this situation, but everyone here understands, we've all been there, to a greater or lesser degree. You can let rip here with despair, fury and even the occasional absurdities of breast cancer.

Given that you're pregnant, I'm going to presume you're youngish! You might like to join the Young Women group here. Scroll down and find it in Groups.

If you'd like to, tell us a little bit about your cancer, what type, grade etc. You'll find people here who have the same and will be great answerers of any questions you may have.

There's no right or wrong way to feel about this rotten disease. My diagnosis knocked me for six emotionally (you can click on my name to read my story) and I am still struggling with it. Your situation is particulary poignant and my heart goes out to you. Have you had any counselling? Do you see a psychologist (I do) or talk to your breastcare nurse? The helpline number here is 1800 500 258.

Breathe and stay in the moment if you can. We're here for you. K xox
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @Renny2819 I have sent you a private message
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @Renny2819 What an absolutely awful thing to find out when you should be anticipating only joy.  We've all had the white noise and devastation of the diagnosis but it must be especially difficult being pregnant.  As @kmakm has said, people on this forum will give you any info, support, and advice that we can.  Thoughts are with you.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Hey @rennie2819
    My usual advice is 'just keep plodding'. Maybe that is not particularly helpful to you right now.
    Just have that baby and go from there. Ive been on the cancer bus for over a decade, there are many here who were diagnosed in the 80s. Yes, the disease can kill you and it can definitely screw up your life, but many survive. Many never look back.
    Give it your best shot. We will help if we can. Mxx
  • Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    Options
    @Renny2819 oh my dear, at a time when you should be feeling the joy you have so much to worry about.  Just know that here you have women who'll listen to you and all your worries and fears .... everything and anything you've got to say. Sending you biggest heartfelt hugs . Wishing you calm and peace and the joy of your little baby. Xxxx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Oh goodness there's no telling is there, this BC hits when we least expect it!  Hopefully your surgeries are just what is needed to put you in a better place health wise and the follow up to keep you and your bub safe.  There's a lot of wisdom on here, please post so we know how you are going.  There's always someone on the forum at all hours............
    Take care and sending you a virtual hug
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    Ah, @Renny2819, thinking of you xo
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @Tennille
    What a gorgeous photo!  Im sure that your experience will be able to help @Renny2819

• StephO
    StephO Member Posts: 16
    Options
    @Renny2819
    So sorry to hear! Must be be such an emotional and hard time for you! Xx
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Renny2819 I can’t rven begin to imagine what you are going through - all I can do is send my love and support xoxox
  • Renny2819
    Renny2819 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi every am really relive and happy knowing that all of u wonderful weman are out to help with ur great encouragement and information. My surgery went well bub and i still recovering from the hospital hopefully we will be going home today as they going to take the drain out. Still very sore but i think i will feel better once i go home and be with family. Am 30yrs and bub is my second one my first is 4years.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Well that's good to hear - there's no place like home for feeling better!