Feeling flat

Options
13»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,388
    Options
    Never underestimate the potential - I have just got my beloved to shift/move/get rid of stuff that's been annoying me for months "for Christmas" - I"ll stoop to that if it works!! @joannie, you need no justifications here. Active treatment or not, your brain and emotions take some time to rearrange! I think it may be the really strong ones, who carry everyone else, that need more time towards the end of treatment to attend to themselves. 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,556
    Options
    Me too a "T"  The captive audience for burdening woes and when the sun is shining for them they are off enjoying themselves with the very ones that cause their woes and I'm back here with their burden on my shoulders.  
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,388
    Options
    That's a nice thing to do. This will be my second Christmas without my mother. She didn't like Christmas much, but it still seems odd. But children and grandchildren arriving soon (we mark Christmas Eve) so she would like that! 
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hi @Hendrix, I reckon there is way toooooo much pressure to be everything to absolutely everyone at this time of year. I think that energy supplies, tolerance, and surviving can take too much of a toll to have the usual Christmas. I also think that our standard protective bullshit repellent wanes and leaves us open to far more intolerance than we would ever put up with at any other stage of our lives. So you and your beautiful daughter cherish this christmas and enjoy it and if that means staying away from relatives then so be it. You can have a far better christmas with one person who you care about and who cares about you, a vegemite sandwich and good wishes than going somewhere where you feel uncomfortable, left out and it is more a duty to fulfil. I wish you a very Merry Christmas filled with love and caring for both you and your daughter.
    Xx Cath
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    @Joannie, if that is the best they can do on Christmas day you're better off not there. Perhaps a boxing day get together for you and your daughter or a celebration for the new year (doesn't have to be on new years!!!) Sending you a big hug lovely and wishing you all the best. Xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Hendrix
    Hendrix Member Posts: 324
    Options
    Sorry I’ve gone quiet...I’ve come down with a rotten cold...positive I now get away with not kissing certain family members
  • Hendrix
    Options
    @Joannie are you in Melbourne? 
  • Hendrix
    Options
    Thank you  @socoda
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Hendrix
    Options
    @Joannie I’m in Melbourne...happy to catch up if you ever need a coffee and chat 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options