Struggling through Chemo

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Rona
    Rona Member Posts: 37
    Options
    Oh you wouldn’t believe it……. cancelled 😩. I’m all dressed up with my sis in our clown outfits, on our way and the doc called 😢. So my neutrophil count is too low and I am of high risk of infection 😩.
    So…… off to doctor google I go to get answers 😂. Apparently a healthy adult will have a neutrophil count of between 2500 and 7000. Chemo patients obviously Is lower but now mine is too low (0.7). She told me to report straight to ED if I develop a temp or become unwell. Seriously could not believe it! 
    As we were near the shops we decided to grab a few groceries and dressed as a clown was a little challenging to say the least 😂. So Katie, all in all I had a good day, no bell but hoping to rid of this taste with the unwelcomed set back. 
  • Katie46
    Katie46 Member Posts: 83
    Options
    Noooooooooo!!! Oh Rona, that must be so frustrating, I'm glad you could enjoy your day out anyway. On the bright side I'm sure your body will be happy with the break, mine is. Hopefully you'll be good to go next week, and you'll have another opportunity to wear your clown suit 😆
  • Rona
    Options
    Well Katie, I’m hoping this taste in my mouth miraculously disappears and who knows….. might get a Chinese meal in 😂
  • Katie46
    Options
    My ulcers have gone 🥳 Number 9 done, dose reduced by 30% so hopefully they won't come back 🤞
  • Katie46
    Options
    Hi @Rona, did you ring the bell? 
  • Rona
    Options
    Hi Katie…… I rang the bell and dinged the one on the counter! We got dressed up as where’s Wally 😂 and witches.
    I slept all the way home and still feel exhausted today. I’ve actually even had to take a couple of ondanserton for nausea?? 
    I’ve got a doc appointment in a few weeks to talk about meds and mapping for Radiation on the 20th….. now I’m scared about Radiation 😂. 
    How are you going? I hope those ulcers stay away for the next few weeks for you 😊.
  • Katie46
    Options
    Hi Rona! Yay! Congratulations at getting to the end of your chemo 🥳 hopefully your body will begin to recover soon. My ulcers are gone, hopefully to never return, it was like some form of torture. The week off and a 30% dose reduction has really benefited me, and I'm feeling a lot better, some of the fatigue I was starting to get again has lifted. My poor fingernails are in a terrible state, and I think I  might lose one of them, but they are less tender, although they still feel a bit weird. I have about 3 eyelashes left. I have an appointment scheduled for 3 June for my radiation set up, and we will be discussing my hormone treatment at my next appointment with the oncologist, I am pre menopausal so they are considering a couple of options. I'm not too worried about the radiation, it can't be any worse than trying to eat with what feels like hot pokers stabbing at my tongue. 3 more rounds to go, I should be done by 21 May.
  • Rona
    Options
    Awwww, we’ve been through the wringer, haven’t we?? 
    I’m hoping in 2 weeks time I will be going out for Chinese 😂😂. 
    I’ve lost toenails and just waiting on 3 finger nails to go….. they look sooooo bad!
    Ill let you know how it all goes….. how exciting getting my first ever tattoos 😂😂