Our Gardens

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,570
    I am SO sorry to hear of this, @Cath62 - totally heart breaking for you xx

And probably getting hammered again today too. :(  Just stay safe & take care.  Make a cuppa, sit down & survey the situation & 'chew little chunks' at a time .... 

take care xx Big hugs xx

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,828
    Oh, @Cath62, that is soul destroying and today you have even more rain.  As @arpie says, stay safe and then do it bit by bit, you will get there.  As long as you and your family are safe, gardens can be repaired over time.  Thinking of you. 💖
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    @Cath62
    Goodness it's sad to read what happened to your home and garden
    Take care
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,276
    Thanks @iserbrown. It's 2 weeks tomorrow since the rain bomb and we have been cleaning non stop. It will be months before repairs to house are done but at least we are ok. Thanks for caring.
  • arpie
    edited March 2022
    A couple of clever ideas for small garden areas ..... just using Blocks ....

and pallets ...

May be an image of outdoors

And the perfect Garden 'chair' .... 

• Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Haha -"beds". Now there's food for thought.
  • arpie
    It is not often I am proud of my garden, but I think this looks lovely!! Just adding this 'chaff' mulch has just given it a real lift.  The Day Lilies are just gorgeous this time of year too - with a real splash of colour in an otherwise 'green garden' ...

My sister, BIL & SIL all did some weeding in the other garden areas - so now I just have to put the mulch down to try & stop them coming back!!

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,828
    @arpie - If you get some cardboard boxes and put a good layer of cardboard down then the mulch on top weeds won't be back in a hurry.  We've hardly done any weeding in 5 years - but we do need to add more mulch every 2nd year as it does break down (no added cardboard, though).
  • arpie
    Ta - my sister suggested the same ... We already had mesh down but over the last 20 years, the previous layers of mulch had broken down virtually to dirt & the weeds grew on top ...... so they were easier to pull out .. but hoping they won't break thru for a good while now ...  I have a stack of the mulch bales ..... so can add to them as well.

• Rosie9740
    Rosie9740 Member Posts: 7
    Love this thread