Creative Corner!

Comments

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    I wonder how old the chair is ?

Sort of like clothes, they always used to be made with the extra length, tucks etc to let out as the child grew - who remembers having a double layer 2 inch hem ????  😁
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Not sure, @June1952 but my nephew has one each for his 2 kids .... he would be About 40 now I think? Kids are about 3 and 7.

Yes, and things were also made to last and pass down ... not chucked out after 6 months use!
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Awesome, @StrongCoffee ... I’ll show that to hubby to try and motivate him back to his art!  Xx
  • StrongCoffee
    StrongCoffee Member Posts: 128
    Good idea! I'm so happy now I've started making time for it again and it has been a wonderful way to keep my mind off all the cancer stress, lockdowns and so on.
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    @StrongCoffee Great news about your arm!!! What an absolutely incredible painting! My goodness the colors are just beautiful! you're very talented :) xx M
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    That’s a stunning painting @StrongCoffee, amazing colours!! So glad you’re making good use of your talent 👌🏻♥️
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Thanks to @AllyJay I have just finished two Bow tie scarves with left over 8ply yarn.  They have come up a treat and are part of a collection for a fund raiser silent auction. 
    Great pattern so once again thank you @AllyJay

"Free Knitting Pattern - Garter Stitch Bow Tie Scarf" https://www.themakeyourownzone.com/garter-stitch-bow-tie-neck-scarf/
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    But where is the photo........ puleeze?
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Oh @arpiethat's just gorgeous! 
    Something to treasure and hold when you are trying to cope with everything that you have in your life at present! 
    How thoughtful of @Annie C
    Take care
  • FLClover
    edited June 2021
    Absolutely stunning @arpie!! What a gorgeous quilt!! Hope it keeps you and hubby warm and happy for many more winters to come 🤗🥰♥️. 

@Annie C fantastic job! Very beautiful and thoughtful gift for your lovely friend 😊💖
  • StrongCoffee
    StrongCoffee Member Posts: 128
    @arpie that quilt is just beautiful. It looks so beautifully made!

@iserbrown those bow scarves are gorgeous - perfect for this weather! Hopefully you coped ok with no power. 🥶
  • FLClover
    @iserbrown  Beautiful scarves 😊♥️