Doing what you LOVE to do - before, during & after BC! What's YOUR favourite?

Options

Comments

• tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    @Stork & @Joannie  I am happy to help with advice on planning a trip to Africa, we went Tanzania & I organised our trip with a local company.
    we haven't been to Rwanda but it's on my bucket list too !!
    happy to answer any questions here or just PM me 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2018
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,574
    Options
    Yep, this is me!

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,375
    Options
    I love having people over for a meal. I love going to the theatre. I love food. I enjoy doing jigsaw puzzles and reading but struggle to stop either until they are completed so end up with some very late nights. I absolutely adored travelling around Australia but we had to come back home when we ran out of money, then my FIL got Melanoma and my MIL needed support after his death and then I got BC. I am planning our next trip but this little side 'adventure' called BC has caused our business to go belly up so the next trip will have to be a two year work stop and then we will move on to the next place and do the same thing. I am getting very antsy so am willing the next eight months of Herceptin to fly by.
  • arpie
    Options
    Terrific, @Blossom1961 - keep doing what you can with the resources you have ..... after completing your treatment, you should be able to do all those things again!  ;)  

Yes, it is a bitch of a disease that keeps moving the goal posts!  grrrr

Take care & all the best with your continuing treatment xx

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    I reckon every trout I catch costs me about $50. At least one lost spinner, beer, fuel and snacks. Worth every penny :)
  • arpie
    edited December 2018
    Options
    YAY! @Zoffiel ...  Another Fishing tragic - feel free to join Team Breasties!  ;)  ...... yeah - More like $100+ ....  but the $ doesn't count, does it!?   It is the fun & skill in getting the little suckers to take something fake that they only 'think' looks like food!   ;)   (And we are not wasting it on gambling or other useless pursuits!)  ;) 

• Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    Ladies, there is nothing in this world that comes close to a day spent by the river at Telegraph Pool, or Langie  Crossing or out at Poultons Pool chasing a barra while keeping an eye out for the crocs.

• Annie C
    Options
    Damn I have just realised I have given away my "secret spots"!
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    @Annie C No need to worry. The word Crocs will keep most of us away.

• Annie C
    Options
    @Blossom1961
    The crocs and I have an understanding - I keep out of their bathwater and they keep out of my shower!

Just wish the big green tree frogs have the same understanding with the toilet!
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    @Annie C I loved the green tree frogs when we were up North. And they certainly loved toilet bowls. I remember a backpacker screaming in the toilet next to mine. I ran over where she stood outside the door pointing and babbling. There was the lovely green tree frog she had just sat over. She flushed the toilet and that is when it jumped out at her. Sorry, I laughed.
    Mataranka was an interesting spot too. I sat on the toilet and felt something tickling my butt. I stood up, nothing there, I sat down, tickle tickle, I stood up, nothing there. I finished then flushed the toilet. Out came a HUGE spider. After the initial shock, I thought it was funny. None of the other ladies in camp were amused by my story!