Night Howls

Sister
Sister Member Posts: 4,960
Is there anybody out there? ( I was going to wait until 4am but it would be just fate that I would sleep in!

Comments

• BlackWidow
    BlackWidow Member Posts: 268
    I hope you are asleep as science proves that using computers and the pad things within an hour of bed is not good for sleeping.  Apparently using them makes one dependent on the whole idea so one wakes to see what is happening. I a alone in this world and would probably get hooked if I owned a computer.  The library is not open at those times.  Sleep well.  Anne.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    I am here ;)

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Moi aussi. Love the name. We're on!

I have the blue light filter on and the light turned down on my phone after dinner. I only reach for my phone in the middle of the night if I am struggling to get back to sleep. It's a way of breaking the mind vortex that swirls in the middle of the night; I'm trying to not get sucked into a swirl of negative thoughts. The moment I feel sleepy I put it down again. I would always rather be asleep at 3am than awake!
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,524
    Woohoo!!!  Winner  winner  chicken dinner!!!  Am i allowed to say i love the name??? or is that being narcistic??  LOL  . ..  SO funny.   I only added it as an edit after I'd  posted the 'night owls' suggestion!!    I am off to bed, perchance to sleep. .. my UK buddy and i nearly knocked off a bottle of white. .. so i SHOULD sleep! LOL  apologies if i missed any spelling errors ....  blame the phone!!  My internet still down and i can hardly see the phone!  That is my excuse, anyway! Ta Ta xxx  hope i sleep tight .... right about the 'tight'!  LOL
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Good night all  :*<3
  • Sister
    When I saw the name @arpie, I visualised a bunch of dingoes across the country, howling their song to the moon, communicating across the kilometres.  Good choice, I thought. 

I keep forgetting that, while I've finished having chemo, chemo has not finished with me - crook as, yesterday afternoon, and in bed before 8pm, so being up at 4am is just a bonus!
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Morning Howlers,

Clock check 3.45....tried to ignore the fact that I had to be up in an hour and a half for work but no, that didn't work.  It's gonna be a long day............
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    I certainly feel like howling st the moon sometimes!!  The sweats are definitely ramping up 1 week after starting tamoxifen, hot flush and then the clammy sweat drys on my skin and I’m freezing. Had a bad one yesterday while I was doing a discharge with a client and he just wanted to keep talking - thought I was gonna pass out. I’ve forgotten what it is like to sleep through the night even though I’m exhausted!
  • kmakm
    @Kiwi Angel I do not like that freezing cold bit afterwards. Being a consistent temperature is more pleasurable that you realise... Sorry it happened in the middle of dealing with a client. Can you get a small fan to have on your desk to flick on and off? I couldn't bear being without the one I plug into my phone.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @kmakm I had generally kind of handle it but that was one of the worst ones I have had. Would of been ok if he didn’t want to keep talking!  
  • Sister
     @Kiwi Angel A fan sounds like the go - even if sleep never comes.

@kmakm It's amazing how my mood has lifted ever so slightly, knowing that I don't have to go back for more poison on Thursday.  While I still can't see long-term, I feel that my horizons have shifted out a bit.  

There has been some talk on the forum recently about the inability to plan (and I may be repeating myself here).  One of the symptoms of returning WWI soldiers was just that - they were unable to plan for the future.  My Mum grew up in the same house as her uncle who served from Gallipoli through to the end in France and was seriously wounded in both theatres.  She said that he could not make any plans that involved a future beyond the current day.  He couldn't form a relationship, or even order a book or a record because that would involve believing that he would be alive on the following day.  Of course, no PTSD diagnosis back then and as he could function quite well, he wouldn't have been considered to be suffering from shell-shock.  Obviously, this is an extreme reaction but it does have some familiar overtones, I think.
  • kmakm
    @Kiwi Angel Did you see the article I posted recently about menopause and the workplace? Get a fan girl!