Betrayal

Options

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    I saw this on IG and thought it was very good.

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @kmakm - amazing - perfect - so many of those apply to me xoxox
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Tbh I ache for the spending of time and not money. This year I was given pink roses , a lovely card and iTunes $50 gift card from my three but they basically disappeared after it was given.It was a surprise as is usually not the case but all  now have jobs and a bit of money so they did this for me.It may well be it’s the influence of technology - online gaming , streaming movies etc but communication in my household is quite low.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Romla I must admit to a tinge of jealousy for those mums whose families organise outings for them. I'm pretty broad ranging in my tastes, it wouldn't be hard to come up with something that we could all do together that I'd like. I think I have to stop hoping. It's a recipe for perpetual disappointment. *Sigh*
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Like many on here@Kiwi Angel  I share your hurt and understand a little how you feel.Speak your pain if you think it will help you , heed this as a caution for the future but it can’t be undone and you must move on for your own sake. How you move on is very much your call .
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    All u ladies rock!!  Thanks for hearing my hurt and being so full of advice and love. U all make me feel better xoxoxoxox
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel what a cow, poor you. I completely understand. These sort of things can be more upsetting than the dealing with diagnosis and treatment.  I have hardly shed a tear also since diagnosis and when I have it's for similar ..... at the end of the day she's gossiping and its mean.  You'll  learn big things from this. Don't trust her, ever, but be careful, don't let her come between you and your husband.  It's not worth it. Hugs .  
    .... and @SoldierCrab ... a big hug to you right now, what a disgraceful hurtful comment from an ex sister in law. There is no excuse.  No matter how long ago it was said it still has an ugly gouge to it. 
    Xxxxxxx
  • Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Teenagers remember @kmakm are completely self obsessed. Mother's Day isn't the easiest , we all want to be shown a little appreciation, me included.  As mums we are selfless , we would do anything for our children ..... they don't understand any of this until they grow up and have children of their  own. I heard from one of mine and not the other :( I'd do anything for them
    xxxxxxxxx

• Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @Finch that is so true - never appreciated my mother until she was older and now, unfortunately she isn’t here. I would be exactly the same mother too I think - hear her in myself all the time. 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    oh tigerbeth I hear you   hugs girl 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I don't worry too much about it now.  My kids always want to make a fuss but Mother's Day is actually Mother-in-Law's day around here.  I think I'd had about 10 of them when someone made a remark that "Oh you're a Mum, too, aren't you?"
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Finch So true. No tears were shed, but there was a little bit of hurt. Sorry you had some too. K xox
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    Options
    I quickly learnt that unless I set the groundwork for what I needed my kids/husband to do for me, I would be disappointed LOL - so I start a few weeks before Mother's Day or my birthday with stuff like 'I really love cards on (insert occasion here) - a beautiful card is all I need', and 'Just letting you all know that I'm not cooking on (said celebration date) so it would be great if you could think ahead and organise something....', or 'wow I love that (whatever), what a great pressie that would make!' - mind you, it doesn't always work hahaha. I'm sure once they move out of home it will be a completely different story!