Betrayal

12346»

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    My beautiful husband talked to her on Saturday - even though she agreed to to tell them she thinks that she hasn’t done anything wrong and she was allowed to tell them and HE had a right to know. Couldn’t understand why I was so upset. So I’m done and my husband is so supportive with my decision. He told her that she will have to deal with consequences of her actions. 
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    There is none so deaf as those that do not want to hear !!!
    better off without her !!
    hugs xx
  • Kiwi Angel
    @tigerbeth - thanks - just as well I didn't want an apology!!  My husband told her she cant be trusted so will no longer be told anything.  I think that she thinks its all over now and there will be no consequences like there usually aren't.  She will get abit of a rude shock when there are no birthday get togethers in the upcoming months.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited May 2018
    Righteous
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Yep @Kiwi Angel  - what a narcissistic old cow!   Obviously you just haven't realised it is all about HER!  @Tigerbeth has got it right .... I just reckon it that you can't cure stupid!

I am so glad that your gorgeous hubby has stood by your side on this & taken control of the situation so well - you'll enjoy future gatherings even more now, not having to worry what you can & can't say within her earshot - cos the silly cow won't be there!!  

You GO GIRL!!  ;)  Big hugs coming your way  xxxxx
  • Kiwi Angel
    @aprie - thanks so much - I just cant believe someone can be that much of a self involved ass!!  My hubby has been amazing - he told her that now she cant be trusted she wont be told anything.  Just in complete disbelief but she will have to deal with the fallout of her stupidity.  But apparently she does love and respect me!!  Obviously not enough to respect my wishes!!  Glad the discussion has been had though and she has been made aware of how it will be now. 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445

thought this stated well what Arpie said ..... 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Haha @SoldierCrab. BRILLIANT!!  I almost started a war with my comment on a camping thread .... some idiot was complaining that he had stuff stolen that was left lying loose outside around his Caravan.  I asked him if he left his fishing and sports gear in front of his house or in the garage. He reckoned he should be allowed to leave it anywhere and it not get pinched.  You really can’t cure stupid!!  ;) 
  • Kiwi Angel
    @arpie - what is wrong with people!! ???
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    What about this one @arpie

• Kiwi Angel
    @SoldierCrab @arpie @romla - thanks for those - they gave me a good laugh  :p
  • Sara7
    Sara7 Member Posts: 4
    Wow I thought I was the only one with a completely narcissistic mother. She told EVERYONE despite being told not to. And I mean EVERYONE. Random people, shop assistants, just everyone. She told someone who is in contact with my two brothers who we haven’t seen for years( my parents included). So of course they would know now. Probably danced a little jig when they heard. Luckily I have plenty of other crap to worry about now so I won’t lose sleep over it. I have the hot flushes and worry of recurrence for that.
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    @Kiwi Angel I have sort of the opposite issue. When I  was  initially diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer, 15 years after my initial DCIS diagnosis, my husband spoke to one of my brothers and told him how serious my diagnosis was. Then, when my brother did finlly speak  to me, he told me about his issues. Since then, I  have only heard from this brother once or twice. 
    I am not sure whether he doesn't  want to face reality or if he just doesn't realise how serious my breast cancer is. He doesn't  live all that far away, is retired and has a motorbike and car so he could come to see me. 
  • Kiwi Angel

@Sara7 - sounds so like my situation - apparently my MIL asked her friends about it and they said it would be alright to tell him??????  I don't get why people feel the need to tell everyone something so intensely personal when they have been asked not to.

@Patti J - I don't know why my MIL felt he "had a right to know" - haven't heard anything from them at all (not that I want to). That's sad that you don't hear from your brother when he lives so close - I think some people do have a head in the sand mentality - big hugs to you xoxoxo