Betrayal

Options

Comments

• Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Options
    I do miss my mum! She was the glue that kept my family together. I haven't  had her for more than 30 years. She had Alzheimer's disease and died when she was 67.
    My husband's mum died when he was 7. His father was an evil man. After he died, my husband's nasty stepmother told my husband that his father believed that he was the reason his mother had died!!!! How did he think babies were made???
    So, my son has never had a grandmother. I miss him and his wife too because they are such a long way away. They both sent me Mothers' day wishes. 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Patti J that’s horrible!!  How can u say they to someone. 

Sounds like there was many a disappointing Mother’s Day for one reason or another. 
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    @SoldierCrab @Sister @kmakm @kiwi angel ,never quite got the fact that we are all so alike ,thought it was only me that felt like this !! What women want is actually simple  & the fact that the kids & partners don't get it says more about them than us I suspect ! Who actually brought the food for our lunch yesterday ?? To be fair ,hubby & 1 son asked what to buy but it was too late !
    @eastmum I used to do that with the clues for special occasions but I ended up thinking why should I ?? Always saying i'm not cooking !! Present lists on the fridge sometime work !Lol
    We loved to be loved !Its not that hard ! :* <3 

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Reminds me of a song from my youth “ The Living Years” by Mike and the Mechanics
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Let’s just say lovelies families are just fucked sometimes hey. I just read all your stories and OMFG!!  I had issues with my mother in law too. She had no issues taking the train 4 to 5 times a week to the PA from the Gold Coast which took her 2 hours to see my hubbys brother in rehab post quad bike accident he got out after 6 months then I got diagnosed  just after he got out then she made every excuse under the sun to not to have to come and support my hubby and kids for my first mastectomy in redcliffe even though she had a lift with hubbys sister and it was only 1 day she came as she was pressured to come and thats the only reason. Even hubbys brother came and was happy to be there brain injury on board as well. And she’d hardly ring either when I was having chemo and when she did it was only to talk about hubbys brother. 

we dont speak with her now and it’s for the best. @Kiwi Angel dont let it get you down @primek makes a lot of sense for sure. She probably did it to get a response from you. She sounds a bit narcissistic which is exactly what my mother in law is.  We will be the family you need on here love.  Big hug. Margie xxx
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @onemargie - there is no such thing as the “happy family” really. She has always favoured my brother in law over my husband even though he treats her like crap and because he lives in Brisbane my husband does everything for her - he goes round there once a week and looks after the house and gardens and she just takes it for granted - makes me so sick cause he is such a good person. She has been incredibly selfish and narcissistic since my lovely father in law passed away - world revolves round her and what she wants and stuff anyone else. 

As as an update my hubby hasn’t heard from her today and she normally rings once a day at least.  We think she either knows she did something wrong and is giving it a day to go away or because she is so selfish she is sulking cause she thinks she is hard done by. 
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    My mother in law has always favoured hubbys brother too. We always make jokes he’s the golden child. Your mother in law must be related to mine. She will definately continue to make it about her she will be sulking for sure and will try and make your hubby feel bad when she next speaks to him even though it’s all her fault. My hubby is a really lovely bloke too and has helped her in the past with out any thanks but if the golden child does it you’d think he’d given her a lung FFS. she is the one missing out she never sees us or her adult grandkids and she doesn’t speak to “the golden child’s” kids grown children either as she’s a nut job.  So don’t worry you’re not the only one. Margie.  Xx
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @onemargie this is gold - u could literally be talking about us. We call my BIL the golden child too and if he shows her any kindness she just kisses his ass - she just forgives him anything even though he did some horrible things when he was younger and still does - she ruined our vow renewal dinner when she was going on about how good the BIL friends were compared to my husbands friends when they were younger  and then when she got told it want the place or time she sulked. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    My husband's family has a Golden Child, too.  He's missed a number of family celebrations including Mother's Day and it's always forgiven (he's not married, by the way so no woman on his side hoping for her own Mother's Day) but heaven help us if we miss it.  To be fair, the one who should get the tiara is my sister-in-law who does everything.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @Sister seems like there is a golden child in every family and often the one that shouldn’t be. Sometimes I’m glad I’m an only child but unfortunately I have inherited shit relatives by marriage. 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    Haha @Zoffiel that worked well for me too with my first “practice” husband but I kind of like this one so I’ll have to deal with MIL unfortunately. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I should say that I don't dislike my MIL but it took me a long time to realise that she was on a completely different page from my Mum (who would fight like the devil for any of us, go without for us, and help anyone who she thought needed it).  My MIL needs to always be the centre of attention and is validated by people running after her.  I changed my expectations and, most of the time, I can roll with it.  I figure I can shake my head and laugh about it to myself, or get stressed.  
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @Sister - very similar personality to my MIL - I don’t like that I have been used as a way to become the centre of attention by having some good gossip to tell the BIL under the guise of he should know. He doesn’t care and I can actually hear him saying I deserve it or some such other horrible comment. I generally keep a distance from her anyway - the woman is too frustrating!! What’s that saying??  U can’t pick your family?!
  • MoiraC
    MoiraC Member Posts: 173
    Options
    Feeling for you @Kiwi Angel -some people are just so self obsessed and fail to care about their actions and impact on others. Sounds like distance is a good idea from this heartless woman.