Betrayal

Options

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    My sister contacted a brother I was estranged from and even distant cousins. I had people ringing me thinking I was dying. I too was angry about it but let it go. I had too much else to worry about. People do it for their own reasons...support, someone to worry with.  Don't waste anymore energy thinking about it lovely. X
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    Thanks @primek xoxox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    The frustrating thing about this is that it is done, and there's nothing you can do except take not for the future.  Now, let it go - rant, scream, hit something, meditate, but let it go.  You've got too much too worry about and their opinions are worth nothing to you.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @Eastmum thanks for your kind words - as usual all the ladies here have been fantastic support. She will suffer the loss of me in her life but the saddest thing is she won’t get why. She tends to have an ostrich issue and if something unpleasant happens that she gets called out on she just pretends it never happened and forgets about it. Being the second time she has done it to me though is the last straw. It’s sad because with this one thing she has undone every nice thing she did for me over the last 3 months. She must of been on the phone to them as soon as I was diagnosed - she told them ages ago apparently!!
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    Options
    So frustrating @Kiwi Angel - even more when she's clueless! 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    Thanks @Sister xo
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel you can't undo what has been done.  
    You did say that this will probably negate all the nice things she has done for you in the last 3 months, that's a shame!  Hopefully you'll find yourself in a better place emotionally where you can enjoy her company and the nice things she does and just be a little guarded in the information trail.
    Take care 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Not betrayal but hurtful:  out of four kids ONE gave me a sweet array of little gifts. The others, nothing. Not even an unprompted "Happy Mother's Day". I don't want anything more than a card, a bunch of flowers at the most. Ungrateful bunch. I don't know why they're like this. I always pay attention to the special days with gifts and food and celebrations. It's disappointing and makes me feel like I've failed in parenting...

Sorry, whinge over! I'll live. *sulks in corner*
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    edited May 2018
    Options
    oh I hear you kmakm I had a similar day.....  daughter arrives home at 5pm from day at footy with her boyfriend with a bunch of flowers I just felt over it by then.  They just dont get it  I will see you in the corner we can share virtual chocolate cake no calories in it   ;)

• Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @kmakm & @SoldierCrab big belated mother day hugs to u both. Xoxooxox. Even my cat got me a big w voucher. 
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    @kmakm & @SoldierCrab I have had those type of mothers days too ! Yesterday wasn't too bad the boys came to our place for lunch with my brother & sil , we sat & watched the footy with my elderly dad while they prepared lunch ! Lovely !
    However eldest sons girlfriend decided to get her knickers in a twist because they didn't  get invited properly!! I had mentioned to my son what the plan was & could they come ? She was off to her mums , so what was the big deal ??
    Would've thought they all could've put  a bit more thought& effort into the day considering the last month !They could've arranged the day & I made that clear to my son. Think it's the dads that fail definitely not the mums !!

Since my mum passed I have dreaded Mother's Day , a card & Flowers & their presence is all I want !! It's always hit & miss , tears are not far away ! 
    Love & hugs to all you supermums xx
  • kmakm
    Options
    @SoldierCrab Deal. I'll bring the kj free whipped cream. Hurrumph...
  • kmakm
    Options
    Thank you @Kiwi Angel. K xox
  • kmakm
    Options
    @tigerbeth Eldest son's girlfriend needs a slap... Grrr!